This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by INDYINIR View Post
    I follow the steps but why do I get the message "Previous MapSource not found" when I try to run MapSource. Please help.
    ...assuming you're using windows, did you install garmin training center first? hth

welcome to Roadguide!

Comment

Originally posted by INDYINIR View Post
      I follow the steps but why do I get the message "Previous MapSource not found" when I try to run MapSource. Please help.
      re-install on this order:
      1. training center
      2. mapsource
      3. standard map

if it still give error message, download again and re-install.
      disable your anti-virus before download.

for more details, refer to FAQ for newbies, link below.
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Guys, I need help... just tried installing/re-installing the said *.exe files several times (in order) but still gets an error, I used MapSource 6.13.6 but the latest demo map didn't work on my Windows XP. I tried also the latest mapsource version but the error message is still there. What would be the problem? Thanks in advance!
        Attached Files

Comment

Please ignore. I just re-downloaded demo map from other link. Problem solved!

Originally posted by hallowman View Post
          Guys, I need help... just tried installing/re-installing the said *.exe files several times (in order) but still gets an error, I used MapSource 6.13.6 but the latest demo map didn't work on my Windows XP. I tried also the latest mapsource version but the error message is still there. What would be the problem? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
            did you install the training center?
            same problem....i also installed the training center

Comment

Please ignore. I just re-downloaded demo map from other link. Problem solved!
              you don't need demo map. you need to download contributor's map as you are contributor already.

Comment

Hi Doki, I got the contributor's map already. Judge made me a contributor last Saturday. I'm so happy to be a part of RG map

Comment

Hi Doki, I got the contributor's map already. Judge made me a contributor last Saturday. I'm so happy to be a part of RG map
                  congratulations sir.

Comment

Thanks Sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji View Post
                      its easy download these files, save first then run in order:
                      training center
                      mapsource 6.13.7
                      jklinc roadguide 1.07 basic map
                      open mapsource, select map tiles using map tool, send to gps unit.
                      roadguide map (the best PI map available) is not for sale. if you still have prob, post it.

downloaded and install Training Center, Map Source 6.13.7 but got the message "Previous MapSource not found!Setup will terminate".

if there other ways i can do this?

Comment

Originally posted by junarro View Post
                        downloaded and install Training Center, Map Source 6.13.7 but got the message "Previous MapSource not found!Setup will terminate".

if there other ways i can do this?
                        try this. http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....9&postcount=20

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji View Post
                          its easy download these files, save first then run in order:
                          training center
                          mapsource 6.13.7
                          jklinc roadguide 1.07 basic map
                          open mapsource, select map tiles using map tool, send to gps unit.
                          roadguide map (the best PI map available) is not for sale. if you still have prob, post it.
                          Hi. Followed your instructions, step by step. but can't seem to pass thru mapsource, as it prompts - "Previous mapsource not found! Set up will terminate" every time i install version 6.13.7 or 6.15.7 on my PC. Hope someone could guide me how to do it right. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by allengc View Post
                            Hi. Followed your instructions, step by step. but can't seem to pass thru mapsource, as it prompts - "Previous mapsource not found! Set up will terminate" every time i install version 6.13.7 or 6.15.7 on my PC. Hope someone could guide me how to do it right. Thanks!
                            are you sure you installed training center first before mapsource?
                            try to download a fresh copy of installer files with antivirus turned off.
                            FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Problem opening Mapsource

I installed Training Center and then I had to rename MapSource 6137 installer exe to zip and ran main.msi and setup.exe as per

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost.php?p=36849

After that when I run MapSource it prompts "MapSource could not find any MapSource installed products. Please install one or more MapSource map products and start MapSource again."

I tried installing MapSource 6167 on top of this thinking it could be overwritten but I still get the same error message.

Please advise.

Comment

Originally posted by isodiamond View Post
                                I installed Training Center and then I had to rename MapSource 6137 installer exe to zip and ran main.msi and setup.exe as per

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost.php?p=36849

After that when I run MapSource it prompts "MapSource could not find any MapSource installed products. Please install one or more MapSource map products and start MapSource again."

I tried installing MapSource 6167 on top of this thinking it could be overwritten but I still get the same error message.

Please advise.
                                I tried the above:http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost.php?p=36849 on a (Win 7 Starter) laptop but without installing Training Center (as per the steps). Maybe this helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X