This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt,

Please try, not sure, but open mapsource then in the upper left of the mapsource screen you should see a drop down menu to choose the map, it might still say No map. Please check the picture below, but the menu I am talking about is to the left of the red circle, in this photo the roadguide map has already been chosen.

Hope this helps..

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
      Download training center HERE
      run it.

Download mapsource upgrade version 6.13.7 HERE or version 6.15.7 HERE
      run it

if you want to install the roadguide.ph free map, you can download it HERE
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I downloaded all the stated files, however when I try to install Mapsource, it has an error that says that mapsource does not exist.

Comment

Originally posted by jhiggs81 View Post
        I downloaded all the stated files, however when I try to install Mapsource, it has an error that says that mapsource does not exist.
        as jan mentioned in the faq...
        -download training center, run it.
        -download mapsource, run it.

you need to install training center first before mapsource.
        got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Originally posted by legtu View Post
          as jan mentioned in the faq...
          -download training center, run it.
          -download mapsource, run it.

you need to install training center first before mapsource.
          Thank you sir, pardon me for my ignorance, I'll try that it sir.

Comment

i cant even install training center. after downloading it, i got this error when i tried to run the installer

"this application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. reinstalling the application may fix the problem."

i even tried downloading it again a few more times but to no avail.

Comment

Originally posted by fonsicul View Post
              i cant even install training center. after downloading it, i got this error when i tried to run the installer

"this application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. reinstalling the application may fix the problem."

i even tried downloading it again a few more times but to no avail.
              This is the one I tried. Didn't bother with the installation route which requires training center.

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea....msi#post36849

Originally posted by legtu View Post
              here's a trick on how to install mapsource without needing to install training center.

-rename the mapsource installer exe to zip
              -open it and extract to a temporary subdirectory
              -find main.msi or msmain.msi and run/double-click on it
              -once it has finished running, check if mapsource runs properly
              -if mapsource doesn't run properly, look for setup.exe and run it
              -let it finish the installation and you should have a fully functional mapsource

Comment

hi warfab,

thanks for your help. i tried the method that you posted. but for some reason, i got a new error. saying that the earlier version of mapsource was not found.

any idea on troubleshooting this?

Comment

i realized that the most possible reason why training center doesnt work for me is because im using an OS service pack 2. the system req is service pack 3 above.

is there a training center compatible for my OS?

edit:
                  nevermind, i just downloaded an earlier version
                  Last edited by fonsicul; 06-24-2011, 21:22.

Comment

does the mapsource work on mac OS? tnx....

Comment

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=603

For Mac please read the link above.

I however still suggest doing a dual boot or bootcamp with Mapsource.

TTFN
                      Arvin

Comment

Good day here.

I have successfully downloaded and install the map, but it doesn't recognized my GPS unit (china made). Is the map also compatible to china made GPS? BTW, I have an existing map on my SD drive, does it overwrite the existing map?

Thank you.

Comment

As long as your GPS uses Garmin software, the RG map should work.

Mapsource will overwrite it, if the existing map is named gmapsupp.img.

Comment

uploading maps

hi, just want to ask do we have to contribute a certain number of maps to be considered as a contributor? if so how many? does uploading like a never heard place in the philippines help?

thanks

Comment

OJ, your post is almost 1 month old but no one replied so will reply, but actually you posted in the wrong topic. Mods please delete if necessary:

OJ, please visit FAQ here: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

Comment

I follow the steps but why do I get the message "Previous MapSource not found" when I try to run MapSource. Please help.

Comment

Working...
                                X