• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noted! Thanks everyone! Okay HBT will try upload what I have soon

Comment

Symbols.....

Hello,

After downloading the new version (1.21, Thanks!) I do note that some of my POI contributions do not have the symbol I attached to them.

I try to reduce the work for the guy who has to process my contributions as much as possible.

I absolutely do not mind that some of my symbols are modified in the process but it raises the question to what extend I should make the effort to add symbols for grave-yards and bridges etc. to the POI's I do submit if they are changed anyway.

What is the most convenient for you guys?

Thanks,

Barend
      Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.[Shakespeare]

Comment

Originally posted by Iloilo-city View Post
        Hello,

After downloading the new version (1.21, Thanks!) I do note that some of my POI contributions do not have the symbol I attached to them.

I try to reduce the work for the guy who has to process my contributions as much as possible.

I absolutely do not mind that some of my symbols are modified in the process but it raises the question to what extend I should make the effort to add symbols for grave-yards and bridges etc. to the POI's I do submit if they are changed anyway.

Thanks,

Barend
        hi barend.
        doki is the one who processed our waypoints. and our hats off to him as he is processing hundreds per month.
        he already have standard symbols for each type of waypoint.
        furthermore, symbols you see in mapsource may not be same with that of nuvi or gps units. gps units have its own standard symbols. and also if you are using typ file, symbol might again vary.
        just continue how you do it, but if you have some waypoints that have no clear symbol, just describe it in notes field and doki can take care of it.
        regards.
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks,

Barend

hi barend,
          maybe you need to install typ file.
          the categories are the same and unchanged. however, the icons that show on the map varies on which typ file you use.
          presently, we have typ files made by hbt, suntzu, and rally.
          or you can even make your own typ file. just browse on the typ thread.

here are screen pics of typ files

master hbt's typ5E.

Rally's typ

suntz's typ

if i have miscategorized one of your uploaded waypoints, pls do submit a correction and put a description on comment field.

however, pls be advised that churches will remain as square dot to avoid religious debate on what/which icon to use.

medical clinics will remain under personal service as hospital icons should only contain hospitals with 24-hr service to assure the gps user during an emergency that when searching for hospitals, they will be routed to an open (24 hours) hospital and not a closed clinic (especially during at night and/or holidays).

pls don't forget to submit correction for those waypoint miscategorized.

thanks.

Comment

Thanks your suggestion,

I will follow up on downloading the type file and implement it in my next contributions. If it is ok for you pls proceed processing my previous contributions the way you did before.

I may run out of time uncovering the secrets of type-files before I am assigned abroad again.

Barend
            Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.[Shakespeare]

Comment

Thanks your suggestion,

I will follow up on downloading the type file and implement it in my next contributions. If it is ok for you pls proceed processing my previous contributions the way you did before.

I may run out of time uncovering the secrets of type-files before I am assigned abroad again.

Barend
              the processing didn't change sir. i process regardless of typ file used.
              just indicate the description on the comment field for waypoints whose name does not give out the nature of the waypoint.
              thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
              X