X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doki View Post
    if i may answer,

to activate 1-sec track CLICK HERE
    to download the program that will extract 1-sec track from gps to pc CLICK HERE

Sir thank you for the help. I already did that but when Iam going to play back the record, it wont play back

Comment

Originally posted by eccm View Post
      Sir thank you for the help. I already did that but when Iam going to play back the record, it wont play back
      i have not tried playback before so i can't answer that. i don't view my 1-sec tracklog in my gps, i view it in my pc.
      extract it from your gps to your pc via wnutrak then you will view the tracklog on the gpx file output.

Comment

i have not tried playback before so i can't answer that. i don't view my 1-sec tracklog in my gps, i view it in my pc.
        extract it from your gps to your pc via wnutrak then you will view the tracklog on the gpx file output.
        Ok I will try to record on my way home and extract it. Thank again

Comment

if i may answer,

to activate 1-sec track CLICK HERE
          to download the program that will extract 1-sec track from gps to pc CLICK HERE

First I deleted all the logs in my garmin 205w. Then recorded my trip almost an hour. Please see attachment when I try to convert to 1sec. Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by eccm View Post
            First I deleted all the logs in my garmin 205w. Then recorded my trip almost an hour. Please see attachment when I try to convert to 1sec. Thanks

no playback means no record.

we need the file gps.bin to convert

just keep trying. i have the same problem before then suddenly it just pops up. also try to do the 1234 step on a full signal bar. try lang

thanks
            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
              no playback means no record.

we need the file gps.bin to convert

just keep trying. i have the same problem before then suddenly it just pops up. also try to do the 1234 step on a full signal bar. try lang

thanks
              Ok thank you. I thought I miss some thing, I been trying it ever since.

Comment

is there a way to totally reset my 205W back to 1st boot from factory?
                any idea how many tries you would have to do the 1234 before the gps.bin materializes?
                Last edited by cydepx44; 07-02-2010, 17:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                  new units do not have gps bin file. it stores recorded tracks directly as gpx files. change these options in your pc:
                  - check - show hidden files and folders
                  - uncheck - protected operating system files.
                  then look for the stored gpx files.
                  -did this, only 2 files can be found in the folder. opened current.gpx thru mapsource and got the tracks and waypoints, but i don't think these are 1 sec tracks as shown by leg time?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cydepx44 View Post
                    is there a way to totally reset my 205W back to 1st boot from factory?
                    any idea how many tries you would have to do the 1234 before the gps.bin materializes?
                    In my experience with my 500, you have to have a satellite lock BEFORE you can activate the easter egg. Trying to active the 1234 before a satellite lock and there's no available option to turn on 1-sec logging.
                    Experiencia Docet

Comment

Same issue here, cannot find gps.bin in Garmin\Log\20100710... folder
                      Does the trip log need to be shown for it to work?

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                        try activating it while you got a good sat. lock as per advics by sir hennme. and also after you push the car icon, wait for the nearest intersection and/or the nearest address to appear before pressing the 1234

try lang. this might trigger the gps.bin to appear

thanks
                        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

try to look inside the debug folder if there is any.

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
                            try to look inside the debug folder if there is any.
                            No Debug folder, set hidden files to show. Will try suggestion of hbt, I'm pretty sure I got a good sat lock but did not check whether the nearest intersection appeared before I activated easter egg.

Comment

No Debug folder, set hidden files to show. Will try suggestion of hbt, I'm pretty sure I got a good sat lock but did not check whether the nearest intersection appeared before I activated easter egg.

one way of checking if you have successful recording and gps.bin really exist somewhere in your device is to playback the recorded track.
                              do the easter egg and hit playback button , recorded track should appear.
                              HTH

Comment

hi. i don't know if this helps but you might as well try. browse all folders on you nuvi. then look for gps.bin file (not folder), it is usually under a folder with a folder name that consists of numbers (ex "20100410_002858").
                                what made me suggest doing this is that, when i bought my nuvi, i was looking for the Scrn folder indicated by the manual that should contain my screen shots. but wasn't able to find it, so what i did was browse all folders, then i found my screen shots at logs folder instead of the scrn folder indicated by the manual.

Comment

Working...
                                X