garmin 1300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

garmin 1300

planning to buy garmin 1300 in the US but not sure if it is compatible here in
    the philippines.. baka masayang lang kung di ko malagyan ng map since may nabasa ko dito hindi compatible mga 4 digit series...puro 4 digit kasi yung nakikita ko sa bestbuy.. and pinakamura yung 1300 model almost $100 lang..

wala ako nakikita dun na mga 255 or 265 na model...

pahelp naman po

Originally posted by tribal View Post
    planning to buy garmin 1300 in the US but not sure if it is compatible here in
    the philippines.. baka masayang lang kung di ko malagyan ng map since may nabasa ko dito hindi compatible mga 4 digit series...puro 4 digit kasi yung nakikita ko sa bestbuy.. and pinakamura yung 1300 model almost $100 lang..

wala ako nakikita dun na mga 255 or 265 na model...

pahelp naman po
    hi. first of all. would like to ask you to post in english (as per forum rules).
    as we have foreign members also.

the thread you've previously read before regarding incompatibility has been resolved.
    4 digit series are now compatible. i have both 255w and 3760 with no problems encountered installing the map.
    we have members using 1300 and had no problem using it.

oh, btw. welcome to roadguide.

Comment

Originally posted by doki View Post
      hi. first of all. would like to ask you to post in english (as per forum rules).
      as we have foreign members also.

the thread you've previously read before regarding incompatibility has been resolved.
      4 digit series are now compatible. i have both 255w and 3760 with no problems encountered installing the map.
      we have members using 1300 and had no problem using it.

oh, btw. welcome to roadguide.
      thanks for replying...im sorry i didnt read the forum rules.(my bad)

so it would be safe to buy the garmin 1300 in the U.S. without having any problem.

if my budget would be $100 to $150 which unit will you suggest?because i believe that not all features of high end units can be use here in the phils. like traffic updates,lifetime map updates etc.

regarding the map, is it well detailed like for example cavite tagaytay batangas or you can only see the main roads going there?coz, im currently using my nokia c7 (w/ ovi maps) but the maps is only good around metro manila

Comment

so it would be safe to buy the garmin 1300 in the U.S. without having any problem.

if my budget would be $100 to $150 which unit will you suggest?because i believe that not all features of high end units can be use here in the phils. like traffic updates,lifetime map updates etc.

regarding the map, is it well detailed like for example cavite tagaytay batangas or you can only see the main roads going there?coz, im currently using my nokia c7 (w/ ovi maps) but the maps is only good around metro manila
        try to download our latest demo map so you can see for yourself those areas you mentioned.
        http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=17
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

kuya arvin can give you better idea on this as he is also using 13xx nuvi, so he can give assurance directly as you are planning to buy same model series as what he have. although it is safe to say that garmin 1300 is compatible with roadguide map.

you might want to see it also for yourself so you can browse your area of interest.
          just download the latest demo map for your reference. download here http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=17
          Last edited by doki; 10-24-2011, 21:57.

Comment

Hey, I was specifically mentioned

Yup I have 1350 unit, but bought in Singapore, but my brother and RG contributor Aristotel uses the 1300 from US and it of course works nicely. Do not pay extra for Traffic updates it (it does not work here) unless it is part of a model that you like other features with it. I actually had a 1300 unit myself, but it got damaged, it had Lifetime maps for US, which is okay because it was on sale anyway and it does not hurt to have lifetime maps for the US, if you go there often or have friends or family that might go there from time to time.

Aside from 13xx series, you can also look into the 12xx series which is smaller and more compact, or the 14xx series which has a wider screen, choose whatever fits your budget. Bluetooth, the Gurus do suggest this if you have bluetooth cellphones, with which you can use the Garmin as a hands free speaker if you pair it with your phone.

Oh, you need to download and install mapsource before you can view the demo map, please visit FAQ page for details on how to do all those.

TTFN
            Arvin
            Last edited by arvin555; 10-24-2011, 22:36.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
              Hey, I was specifically mentioned

Comment

so which unit is bang for the buck where i could use all features here in the philippines?i dont want to spend $150 for a unit which salmost all features are not compatible here.
                4 things are important to me..
                1. at least 4.3" screen size
                2. with auto rerouting
                3. with voice navigation
                4. can search for places (aka POI-not sure though)
                by the way, I'll be using it here in the phils only.

thanks for welcoming me

Comment

^Garmin 1300 will solve your 1,2,3,4 requirements here... Pramis!
                  If there's a WHEEL, there's a WAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Loop View Post
                    ^Garmin 1300 will solve your 1,2,3,4 requirements here... Pramis!
                    so if i bought other models with additional features, it would just be useless here in the phils?

what are the features of other models that can be used here?ex. lifetime update,lane assist, traffic updates etc..

can i install the map directly to the unit instead of using sd card?

Comment

I second what Kuya Loop said. I guess 1300 is best for you, unless you want to buy the older models if they are being offered cheaper, might have some other bells and whistles. I mean not the 1xxx series.

1. Traffic update, not yet here, no idea when it will come, but probably maybe 5 years away, just a guestimate.

2. Junction View- RG does not support it, if you BUY the Garmin official one, they will have Junction view already

3. Lane Assist- I think same as Junction View.

4. Lifetime Map- only for US maps, Philippine Garmin official maps are not offered as Lifetime map. Anyway if you buy Lifetime map in the US, it will only be for US only.

5. I mentioned Bluetooth will of course work

Yes you can load the map directly into the 1300 or any Nuvi. You use Mapsource for this and a USB to Mini USB data cable, if your unit doesn't come wth one, you can get one locally from CDRking for example.

TTFN
                      Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji View Post
                        try to download our latest demo map so you can see for yourself those areas you mentioned.
                        http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=17
                        i already downloaded the demo mp but i cant open the file..here's the message i received:

"adding information can unintentionally change or delete values and cause components to stop working properly blah blah blah..."

Comment

I second what Kuya Loop said. I guess 1300 is best for you, unless you want to buy the older models if they are being offered cheaper, might have some other bells and whistles. I mean not the 1xxx series.

1. Traffic update, not yet here, no idea when it will come, but probably maybe 5 years away, just a guestimate.

2. Junction View- RG does not support it, if you BUY the Garmin official one, they will have Junction view already

3. Lane Assist- I think same as Junction View.

4. Lifetime Map- only for US maps, Philippine Garmin official maps are not offered as Lifetime map. Anyway if you buy Lifetime map in the US, it will only be for US only.

5. I mentioned Bluetooth will of course work

Yes you can load the map directly into the 1300 or any Nuvi. You use Mapsource for this and a USB to Mini USB data cable, if your unit doesn't come wth one, you can get one locally from CDRking for example.

TTFN
                          Arvin
                          thanks.im finally decided to get the nuvi1300.

So which one would be advisable?installing map directly to the unit or using a memory card?

Comment

Regarding the Demo map.

1. You need to install Mapsource first, it's in the FAQ how to do it.
                            2. Then you install the Demo map and yes there will be questions like the program wants to modify the registry, etc. etc. that is okay, allow it. If you are afraid then post a screenshot so we can confirm if it is normal or not. What OS do you use? Win7?

3. Regarding map install recommendation. Actually you can do either or both. Me? I have some maps in my SD card and some maps in my unit. I am not sure if the maps load faster if it's in the unit itself, I have a feeling that it does. I still have my Singapore map in my unit so my unit gets full quite fast, that is why I have the external SD card as a backup. Anyway long story short, if you only want the Philippine map in your unit, it will 100% fit in your unit and no need to get a separate SD card.

TTFN
                            Arvin

Comment

Regarding the Demo map.

1. You need to install Mapsource first, it's in the FAQ how to do it.
                              2. Then you install the Demo map and yes there will be questions like the program wants to modify the registry, etc. etc. that is okay, allow it. If you are afraid then post a screenshot so we can confirm if it is normal or not. What OS do you use? Win7?

3. Regarding map install recommendation. Actually you can do either or both. Me? I have some maps in my SD card and some maps in my unit. I am not sure if the maps load faster if it's in the unit itself, I have a feeling that it does. I still have my Singapore map in my unit so my unit gets full quite fast, that is why I have the external SD card as a backup. Anyway long story short, if you only want the Philippine map in your unit, it will 100% fit in your unit and no need to get a separate SD card.

TTFN
                              Arvin

1.already downloaded the mapsource but cant install it.always got the message of "previous mapsource not found.set up will terminate"

2. windows 7

3.if i install it directly, i need to use ausb cable to update the map every now and then?

Comment

Working...
                              X