No announcement yet.

garmin 1300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

by the way, i tried installing the training center in our office comp. with xp sp3 OS. I successfully installed it but not the mapsource. same error message i got "previous mapsource not found

Comment

your mapsource installer maybe corrupted. try to download a fresh copy w antivirus turned off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji View Post
        your mapsource installer maybe corrupted. try to download a fresh copy w antivirus turned off.

can you give me the exact link for the mapsource program?i tried to download it again and still mapsource not found. (avast turned off while downloading)

here's the link of mapsource that i downloaded:

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1979

i also downloaded the roadguide.ph roadmap and training center there

Comment

He's not the only one unable to install mapsource.

Haven't managed to do so on my Windows 7 Home Basic PC. The only reason why I have the latest map is because I still have the laptop (Windows XP) where I originally installed mapsource.

Comment

was just curious and tried to do also the installation again.
            i uninstalled all in my pc running on windows 7 and repeated everything from start.
            i downloaded fresh copies of training center, mapsource (both 6137 and 6157) and the free map 1.07.
            installed and had no problems.

pls try to download again, as kuya reiji have mentioned, perhaps it may be a corrupted installer due to incomplete download.

Comment

Originally posted by tonedeaf View Post
              He's not the only one unable to install mapsource.

Haven't managed to do so on my Windows 7 Home Basic PC. The only reason why I have the latest map is because I still have the laptop (Windows XP) where I originally installed mapsource.

so until now you haven't installed anything from your windows 7 os?

Comment

Originally posted by doki View Post
                was just curious and tried to do also the installation again.
                i uninstalled all in my pc running on windows 7 and repeated everything from start.
                i downloaded fresh copies of training center, mapsource (both 6137 and 6157) and the free map 1.07.
                installed and had no problems.

pls try to download again, as kuya reiji have mentioned, perhaps it may be a corrupted installer due to incomplete download.
                i already tried it and i also turned off my avast antivirus.

just an update..i successfully installed the training center and mapsource here in my office.i installed the mapsource by extracting it and clicking the main folder.

im just hoping that i can finally install it on my own pc since i can't always do it here in our office as im also too busy here

Comment

i successfully installed the mapsource 6157.

here's what i did:
                  1. download the file.
                  2. extract it then double click the main.msi(not sure the extension nae)
                  3. click the setup.

i also installed the roadguide map.(it says that i added the registry blah blah blah)

regarding training center ( not successful since my OS would not allow the installation)

so what should i do next?when i open the mapsource i can only see the philippine map.i cannot even zoom it to see street by street.
                  Last edited by tribal; 10-30-2011, 06:08.

Comment

Originally posted by tribal View Post
                    i successfully installed the mapsource 6157.

here's what i did:
                    1. download the file.
                    2. extract it then double click the main.msi(not sure the extension nae)
                    3. click the setup.

i also installed the roadguide map.(it says that i added the registry blah blah blah)

regarding training center ( not successful since my OS would not allow the installation)

so what should i do next?when i open the mapsource i can only see the philippine map.i cannot even zoom it to see street by street.

hi. click on the zoom tool (red circle) so you can zoom in. you can see your zoom level on the map scale (blue square)
                    set also the map detail to highest. (beside the map scale)

Comment

Originally posted by doki View Post
                      hi. click on the zoom tool (red circle) so you can zoom in. you can see your zoom level on the map scale (blue square)
                      set also the map detail to highest. (beside the map scale)

by the way, is this the one i should send to the garmin unit?can i contribute without a unit so when my unit arrived from U.S., i'm already a contributor and can get the contributor's map

Comment

The RG gurus will hopefully expound on this, but just to get you started:

1. This is the free map, this is open and free to everyone and yes this is the one you send to your GPS when you get it.

2. To contribute you need to download and install the Demo map here:
                        http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=17

This should be your reference for contributing. If you know of any new Waypoints in your area and you can specifically pinpoint it without GPS (I know the admins will say better you record the position in your GPS though) then you probably can contribute it.

If I may suggest though, start with your neighborhood and check all the Points of interest in the Demo map, chances are you will be able to see some places that are either closed shop, transferred and not there anymore or have changed names, these are the best to start with, even without a GPS, coz the position is there, all you have to do is edit them.

Lastly you could also do this:
                        http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=22

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                          The RG gurus will hopefully expound on this, but just to get you started:

1. This is the free map, this is open and free to everyone and yes this is the one you send to your GPS when you get it.

2. To contribute you need to download and install the Demo map here:
                          http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=17

This should be your reference for contributing. If you know of any new Waypoints in your area and you can specifically pinpoint it without GPS (I know the admins will say better you record the position in your GPS though) then you probably can contribute it.

If I may suggest though, start with your neighborhood and check all the Points of interest in the Demo map, chances are you will be able to see some places that are either closed shop, transferred and not there anymore or have changed names, these are the best to start with, even without a GPS, coz the position is there, all you have to do is edit them.

Lastly you could also do this:
                          http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=22

i already saw some shops that were already closed...where should i send it?to the judge?or should i save all errors first before sending it?

Comment

i already saw some shops that were already closed...where should i send it?to the judge?or should i save all errors first before sending it?
                            upload on waypoints thread. i suggest you better read first whole thread of FAQ for newbies so you will have a better grasp on how things run here.

FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji View Post
                              upload on waypoints thread. i suggest you better read first whole thread of FAQ for newbies so you will have a better grasp on how things run here.

im trying to read FAq's here.but im having a hard time understanding it because of lots of information that im reading.sorry for always asking questions.

Comment

im trying to read FAq's here.but im having a hard time understanding it because of lots of information that im reading.sorry for always asking questions.
                                1. Waypoints - all establishments, landmarks, etc that marks a location of a particular spot. These should be submitted at Waypoints thread inside Upload thread.
                                Note: sometimes you use also the waypoint tool to mark street names or street corrections (like road cuts), but you have to upload these in Track and Routing Corrections Thread

2. Tracks - these are the roads that your device records or traced.
                                if new roads - upload at Tracks Thread.
                                if for correction of existing road - upload at Track and Routing Corrections Thread

now, if you need to correct a waypoint (like to remove those already closed establishments), then just mark the area with a waypoint tool, add the word "delete" before the name of the waypoint, then place the reason on the comment box (ex. place already closed)

lastly, read Waypoint Standards for anything that concerns waypoints.

Comment

Working...
                                X