Android OS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marvdmartian View Post
    I tried this and i cant get it to work..
    Most maps now are NT format so the method I previously mentioned will only work with the very old outdated NT format files. Maybe the roadguide.ph higher ups can convert for us android users their mp files into Navitel's NM2 format

Comment

Is there a way to convert them yourself

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by travelbug View Post
        Is there a way to convert them yourself
        As I've previously mentioned, most Garmin maps are in NT format so conversion isn't possible.
        Last edited by warfab; 07-23-2011, 12:35.

Comment

Originally posted by warfab View Post
          As I've previously mentioned, most Garmin maps have the NT format so conversion isn't possible.
          The reason I asked is because I googled nt format conversions and I came out with some links to garmin to nt converters.
          I've been busy lately so haven't tested any

Comment

The reason I asked is because I googled nt format conversions and I came out with some links to garmin to nt converters.
            I've been busy lately so haven't tested any

So far no one in the gps forums I've been subscribed to has found a way to convert NT format Garmin maps since it was first introduced...

Comment

Originally posted by warfab View Post
              So far no one in the gps forums I've been subscribed to has found a way to convert NT format Garmin maps since it was first introduced...
              i see too bad.
              so there is no other navigation app that can read garmin maps?

i think the problem with garmin is that they have their own branded garmin phone and want their app to be exclusive to this phone to help its sales.

im wondering if its possible to extract the apk from the garmin phone and install it on other android devices.

Comment

i see too bad.
                so there is no other navigation app that can read garmin maps?

i think the problem with garmin is that they have their own branded garmin phone and want their app to be exclusive to this phone to help its sales.

im wondering if its possible to extract the apk from the garmin phone and install it on other android devices.
                People at XDA Android forums have tried but no useful results up to now.

Comment

It also seems like garmin will be more active with windows phone than android.
                  I'm still hoping for an android version though.

sent from my samsung galaxy s2 using tapatalk

Comment

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4415
                    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

RoadGuide FTW!!!!

Comment

Can i buy the software without any map.? Why is it that whenever I open Navitel in my SGS2, it has to activate via wifi? Why is it not a 1-time trial activation?

Comment

I am planning on buying desire HTC HD and uses Android operating system. I am having second thoughts if it cannot use maps available here. The touch Pro 2 now with Garmin Mobile maps here work great with it.

Comment

Originally posted by tomcruzz343 View Post
                            I am planning on buying desire HTC HD and uses Android operating system. I am having second thoughts if it cannot use maps available here. The touch Pro 2 now with Garmin Mobile maps here work great with it.
                            I used to have an HTC Touch Pro 2 also and Garmin Mobile does work wonderfully. I bought an HTC Desire HD also a few months ago and I didnt have Roadguide maps, until a few months ago they released a Navitel compatible map. So just install Navitel on the Desire HD, then install the Navitel Roadguide map, and now my HTC Desire HD is complete

Comment

Originally posted by marvdmartian View Post
                              I used to have an HTC Touch Pro 2 also and Garmin Mobile does work wonderfully. I bought an HTC Desire HD also a few months ago and I didnt have Roadguide maps, until a few months ago they released a Navitel compatible map. So just install Navitel on the Desire HD, then install the Navitel Roadguide map, and now my HTC Desire HD is complete
                              Good morning sir, HTC DHD user here. Just a quick question can the Navitel application use the built in GPS in the unit with the 3G connection turned off? How's the refresh rate on your phone? Thanks!

Comment

zeroken,

just my two cents.

1. Yes I imagine Navitel should work as standalone and not with 3G, I have a new Galaxy Y (I'm not that young) and don't have a sim card in it yet, but Navitel works on it no problem. It is really a stand along GPS application.

2. But if you are in doubt, then why not try to download the trial version. Even though there is no map for Philippines in the Trial version, you should still get signal and probably a position based on the base map. (Can anyone please confirm this?)

TTFN
                                Arvin

Comment

Working...
                                X