X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
    hi glenn.
    i dont think its necessary to cut the bridge and then repair it back again.
    lets just leave it as is anyway im sure road signs are posted in the vicinity.
    if roadcut is permanent, then we could add it in the map.

add: you can post this under travel and tourism thread to serve as a warning to our fellow roadguiders. just add an specific subject denoting the bridge and its location. tia.
    hmmmm....we had a bridge here in the probins that i asked jan to cut because it fell down during a typhoon last year. it wasn't re-opened up until last tuesday so i brought it back for the 1.13f version.

i don't think it's such a bad idea at all. if a bridge will be out for several months, we can take it out of the map with a roadcut and reconnect it when it's passable again.

Comment

SBFZ-Olongapo Bridge Closed

THIS BRIDGE CLOSURE IS IN EFFECT

I am submitting this bridge closure since it is a major project that does not have an estimated completion date ... at least not one that has been published. And who would believe such a date anyway? This is a significant obstruction to the normal flow of traffic from Subic Bay Freeport Zone to Baretto and points north (thus avoiding the bottlenecks in Olongapo City). The alternate route through Olongapo is going to make a bad situation worse so anyone traveling this route must expect delays.

Additionally, there are NO advance warning signs along the main route through SBFZ alerting drivers to this closure. In fact, signs still exist directing traffic to the Main Gate which has been permanently closed for several years.

For the above reasons, I think it is prudent to made the appropriate road cuts as shown on the attached.

Terry da 'trekker'
      Attached Files
      Last edited by trekker; 06-29-2010, 18:31. Reason: Closure has happened
      I stay on the leading edge of obsolescence!!
      "It seems to be a law of nature, inflexible and inexorable, that those who will not take risk cannot win" John Paul Jones

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
        hmmmm....we had a bridge here in the probins that i asked jan to cut because it fell down during a typhoon last year. it wasn't re-opened up until last tuesday so i brought it back for the 1.13f version.

i don't think it's such a bad idea at all. if a bridge will be out for several months, we can take it out of the map with a roadcut and reconnect it when it's passable again.
        agree but timing of next version release should be considered.
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Rename of an unnamed road in Nueva Ecija.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by etgomez
            Here are 1s Tracks I've collected over a month and a half period. Cheers!

The last one contains tracks from Fort Bonifacio to Poro Point, La Union and back.
            None of the files have tracks identified as to which you want corrected. In one of your files, you have tracks that overlap 4 times. It's difficult to know which track you are submitting as the correction and which other tracks are duplicates.

There appears to be usable data, like the access ramps to EDSA around Gualdalupe Park, for one, where your one-second tracks are clearly better resolution than existing roadway.

When you submit one-second tracks over existing roadway, identify those portions that you want corrected. Edit the tracks so that only the correction is uploaded, no duplicate data. Include roadway type and name, if possible.

Please read the How To file here, Section D: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....78&postcount=1

There are examples here:
            http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1482
            Experiencia Docet

Comment

Originally posted by hennme69c View Post
              None of the files have tracks identified as to which you want corrected. In one of your files, you have tracks that overlap 4 times. It's difficult to know which track you are submitting as the correction and which other tracks are duplicates.

There appears to be usable data, like the access ramps to EDSA around Gualdalupe Park, for one, where your one-second tracks are clearly better resolution than existing roadway.

When you submit one-second tracks over existing roadway, identify those portions that you want corrected. Edit the tracks so that only the correction is uploaded, no duplicate data. Include roadway type and name, if possible.

Please read the How To file here, Section D: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....78&postcount=1

There are examples here:
              http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1482
              Thanks for the feedback. I'll update and resubmit. Clarification though, I was under the impression that you guys liked to use raw 1s tracks to calibrate the existing roads on the map which is what I submitted. I'm not sure how the calibration is done (if automated process, manual process, etc) so I just kept the tracks as is and compiled (the more the merrier) them into *.gdb files So with that, one should not submit raw 1s tracks except for new roads? Is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by etgomez View Post
                Thanks for the feedback. I'll update and resubmit. Clarification though, I was under the impression that you guys liked to use raw 1s tracks to calibrate the existing roads on the map which is what I submitted. I'm not sure how the calibration is done (if automated process, manual process, etc) so I just kept the tracks as is and compiled (the more the merrier) them into *.gdb files So with that, one should not submit raw 1s tracks except for new roads? Is that correct?
                overlapping 1-sec tracks are fine to calibrate the existing roads, especially those that were traced in google earth.

however, we will appreciate it if these 1-sec tracks can be compared first with the existing roads before uploading them. if the offset is only a few meters (1-5m), then it might be due to prevailing conditions at the time of recording and that the existing roads are not erroneous at all and you don't have to upload the 1-sec tracks. this is true for most of our provincial highways, since majority of them were mapped using gps tracklogs.
                Last edited by pokz; 06-19-2010, 12:40.

Comment

Batangas Tracks Corrections

Batangas Tracks Corrections
                  Attached Files
                  Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
                  I took the one less traveled by,
                  And that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Comment

Track Corrections, NLEX to Poro Point, La Union, and back
                    Attached Files

Comment

removal of non existing street

kindly remove this street for i the street is non-existent. thank you
                      Attached Files
                      Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Comment

naming 1 unnamed street and rename 1 misspelled street
                        Attached Files

Comment

sorsogon corrections
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                            hi glenn.
                            i dont think its necessary to cut the bridge and then repair it back again.
                            lets just leave it as is anyway im sure road signs are posted in the vicinity.
                            if roadcut is permanent, then we could add it in the map.

add: you can post this under travel and tourism thread to serve as a warning to our fellow roadguiders. just add an specific subject denoting the bridge and its location. tia.
                            tenks tenks

Comment

1 sec track from Davao City proper to Airport

Hi Jan,

just 1 sec track while I was in Davao. I used the GPS logger of our BlackBerry.

regards,

Jerome
                              Attached Files
                              *** Ohhh it's the one and only SioKoy!!! ***

Comment

Pasay Tramo area correction

corrected to add D. Reyes St
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X