X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave up

I ended up purchasing a Nuvi 265 WT.

Comment

I have also recently purchased a 3790T, loaded the standard map, but it seems like its having problem showing the streets correctly, some portions of the streets are missing, and can't seem to find places... hopefully someone could come up with something to make this work, don't like this to go to waste...
      Last edited by 5000rpm; 01-10-2011, 05:11.

Comment

Awwww.... i have d' same model 3700 series guess what i bought it just to load maps of the philippines. if ever me and my wife and my baby will get vacation. hahahaha and guess what it cost me too much for the same model using eur.

Comment

anyone thingk that this one will soon be fix or not?

Comment

Originally posted by 13wiL6sic6 View Post
            anyone thingk that this one will soon be fix or not?
            hi there,

what will be fixed?
            our map here are free
            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
              hi there,

what will be fixed?
              our map here are free

Bro, sorry what i mean is the map of contributors map will run smoothly on the 3700 series like other's saying that it is not running or not readable by same unit

Comment

Nuvi 3790T

I own a 3790T and it works fine with version 1.07. I just got the contributors status and will try to use the contributors map. Will let you know if it works as well.

Comment

sir jamorales

sir jamorales,

may I know where'd you got your 3790T? did it display the 1.07 map correctly the first time you installed it? mine seems to be having a problem displaying the streets correctly.. hope you can help me out on this.. thanks in advance

Comment

I got mine from the US two weeks ago. A friend of mine in NJ bought it from amazon.com. I got it last week. Its working perfectly well with the v1.07, including the hands-free (for Bluetooth phone) feature using voice commands. Am not sure what you mean by "not displaying the streets correctly". Please elaborate.

A little tweaking on the display settings would help. If you make a mistake, it has a go back to default settings, use it.

Comment

If Mr. Jan is correct about the Garmin restriction on third-party maps, then the only way to make v1.2 usable with the 3790T is to make this version free and unlocked.

Lets just wait for the next update over v1.07. I just hope I can still use the contributors map with my 265WT.

Comment

Originally posted by jamorales3 View Post

I just hope I can still use the contributors map with my 265WT.
                        kuya jamorales, dont worry about your 265. you wont encounter any problems with it
                        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

because with my unit, the street appears to be "putol putol".. seems like it can't read the map properly.. i'll try to post pictures later to make it more clear..
                          mine also can't seem to find places, like when I search for a certain street or place..

thanks for the reply

and by the way, what is the firmware version of your 3790T? thanks

Comment

Nuvi 3790 Club

Thanks Sir hbt. I will update you as soon as am able to use it already.

For those interested, I created a group called Nuvi 3790 Club. This group can be used to exchange notes and experiences with the 3790 model considering that it is quite new in the market.

Lets share stories in this group so others may also learn about this new generation of nuvis.

Comment

Sir 5000rpm, I find your situation very strange. I never had those problems. But this unit do have limitations when using the voice command, e.g. searching by city or intersection, the response is "this feature is not available for Philippines". But it should work when using the standard method of searching (meaning manually).

My GPS Firmware: 2.60
                              Software version: 3.60

Comment

thanks sir jam.. will try to tinker with my unit again later and give you updates

Comment

Working...
                                X