No announcement yet.

Anyone using the new Nuvi 3790T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Btw, there are bugs from the initial (factory) software installation. I already installed the updated version and it was able to fix the bugs I encountered like "random reboot". You can go to the Garmin website (if your unit is registered) and download the updated software for the 3790T.

It takes a long time to install so do not cancel. Otherwise you wont be able to use the unit.

Comment

noted sir.. thank you.. hope mine will work soon...

Comment

i've checked my 3790T, its gps firmware is 2.50 with software version 2.00, tried upgrading using mydashboard and webupdater but nothing seems to happen.. mydashboard indicates that there is a new update at first, i plugged in my 3790T, then updating didn't even reached a minute, but when i checked my unit again, firmware and software version remained the same... webupdater on the otherhand says that there is no current update available aside from other voices...

here are some pics of what i'm saying about my 3790T not able to display streets properly...

is there any sequence that i should follow in order to update my software? TIA
        Last edited by 5000rpm; 01-12-2011, 05:06.

Comment

Originally posted by 5000rpm View Post
          i've checked my 3790T, its gps firmware is 2.50 with software version 2.00, tried upgrading using mydashboard and webupdater but nothing seems to happen.. mydashboard indicates that there is a new update at first, i plugged in my 3790T, then updating didn't even reached a minute, but when i checked my unit again, firmware and software version remained the same... webupdater on the otherhand says that there is no current update available aside from other voices...

here are some pics of what i'm saying about my 3790T not able to display streets properly...

is there any sequence that i should follow in order to update my software? TIA
          Could you please describe step by step the procedures you did when you tried to update your software. Indicate whether your 3790T is listed among the devices under the myProducts section.

My worry is that you may have pre-empted the initialization of the download. Mine took more than half an hour before it started downloading the upgraded software.

Comment

I connected my nuvi on my pc then chose usb mass storage, connected to garmin website>mydashboard.. and yes my unit is on "myproducts" list, it was able to detect my unit and said that there is an update, i clicked on it then the progress bar comes out, and under a minute a message popped out saying that updating is finish and that my unit is up to date.. my unit did not boot by itself, so i made a safe eject, it still did not boot up, plugged it back in to my pc, it turned on and that's it... nothing changed.. but on the garmin website it says that my unit is up to date...

Comment

is there anybody here who knows where our nuvis (on earlier models) store infos whether it's up to date or not? or which file i can probably delete (from my pc) to initiate the software update again? TIA

Comment

For the 3790, it does not reboot automatically. You have to do a hard reboot. But I still do not understand how you were able to do an update in just one minute. Mine took hours.

Comment

and i think that's where the problem is, yours took an hour but it has successfully updated to the latest software and mine didn't...
                  Last edited by 5000rpm; 01-11-2011, 20:57.

Comment

here's the link for the 3790 update download

http://www.garmin.com/software/nuvi3...DFile__360.gcd

got it from gpspassion website. Discussions particular to your 3790 update

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/t...OPIC_ID=138746
                    Last edited by jigeloh; 01-11-2011, 21:40. Reason: rephrase

Comment

Thanks sir jigeloh... will check out on those links.. will give you guys update...

Comment

still on the process of updating my unit, tried the link given by sir jigeloh.. so far it ain't working for me... followed the steps on how to redownload the software to my unit but to no avail, the old software version still remains even after the update process... and as for the map, what's weird is that my unit is able to display the preloaded taiwan Map that comes with it with no problem at all, the display problem only appear when i browse the philippine map at a certain zoom level...
                        Last edited by 5000rpm; 01-12-2011, 20:35.

Comment

what philippine map version are you using 500rpm?

Comment

Originally posted by 5000rpm View Post
                            still on the process of updating my unit, tried the link given by sir jigeloh.. so far it ain't working for me... followed the steps on how to redownload the software to my unit but to no avail, the old software version still remains even after the update process... and as for the map, what's weird is that my unit is able to display the preloaded taiwan Map that comes with it with no problem at all, the display problem only appear when i browse the philippine map at a certain zoom level...
                            Hi sir, US latest version is 3.6 and Sg/My/Taiwan is 2.5. Don't force update with a different firmware or you'l end up with a brick unit

http://www.garmin.com.sg/products/ontheroad/nuvi3790/
                            Last edited by jigeloh; 01-12-2011, 21:32.

Comment

oh.. my bad.. so Taiwan units are still at 2.5

@rem
                              still using the standard 1.07 map sir for my 3790T...

so now the only problem left is how to make my unit display the map properly...

@jamorales
                              sir, did you use mapsource to load the philippine map to your unit? or is there any other way to do this? thanks
                              Last edited by 5000rpm; 01-13-2011, 05:44.

Comment

i dont know if the problem is your unit or the philippine map installed in your unit.

1. if it's your unit, then i guess an update will solve the problem
                                2.a if it's the map, then reload it using mapsource again or
                                b. since 1.07 is a free and unlocked map, you can load it to another gps and copy the gmapsupp.img to your 3790

just so you'd know where the problem is coming from

Comment

Working...
                                X