Anyone using the new Nuvi 3790T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi jamorales 3!

Actually, that is the same thing I am doing right now but its a bit inconvenient don't you think? We must be able to do this transferring while the card is installed, right? Is this normal or we should go and asked for a replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by j3k2 View Post
      Hi jamorales 3!

Actually, that is the same thing I am doing right now but its a bit inconvenient don't you think? We must be able to do this transferring while the card is installed, right? Is this normal or we should go and asked for a replacement?
      You are correct. With the other models it's not an issue. You just plug-in the device and you're ready to go. But with the 3790, it's not the case. It takes 2-3 hours to load a map. By taking out the SD card and inserting it directly to the PC, it's takes only 10 mins or so. I guess it's one of those things we'll just have to live with.

Comment

i never experienced loading a map taking 2-3 hours. however i load it directly to the gps' memory. fyi

Comment

@rem - there is no problem using the internal memory, the problem is when using the SD card...

Someone told me at the Garmin forum that we just have to wait for the new firmware to fix the issue, so, there is hope after all..

Comment

a little light at the end of the tunnel for 3790 user.

i've read somewhere that apparently if you disable the colored polygon that the road will show on the 3790 models. i'll talk to the mappers and see what we can do about this. thru TYP or something
            apparently this is a major bug with the 37xx models. some even experience that the poi dont show up even after zooming in
            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Hi, I have a nuvi 3790t and its running very slow , it would take 5mins to calculate 1km route and will need to wait long again if the unit recalculates also I cannot toggle GPS simulator to enable the unit will freezes if I do so . anyone here having the same problem?

Comment

no problem on my side....how about hard resetting your device? and also use web updater and Garmin's My Dashboard to check for any firmware upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by alvendiaa View Post
                  Hi, I have a nuvi 3790t and its running very slow , it would take 5mins to calculate 1km route and will need to wait long again if the unit recalculates also I cannot toggle GPS simulator to enable the unit will freezes if I do so . anyone here having the same problem?
                  No problem with mine too. You may just have to update the firmware from Garmin as mentioned above.

Comment

people with 37xx please try this...

create a folder named Map on your SD card.

put the contributors map (gmapsupp.img) inside the SD/ map folder

insert the SD card to your nuvi 37xx

check if its ok

please post the result
                    Last edited by hbt; 02-16-2011, 12:02.
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

thanks for the response , currently downloading firmware update 3.90 , wish me luck i hope this firmware update will fix my problem. anyone here having issue toggling gps simulator? mine will freeze if i do so.

Comment

Sadly After the firmware update from 3.60 to 3.90 my unit is still slow.

Comment

Originally posted by alvendiaa View Post
                          what map are you using?
                          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

roadguide philippines 2010 sir. how about you sir?

Comment

Garmin Nuvi 7 Series

The new demo map will not unlock on my 7 Series unit !, but the older V1.07 does work !
                              Last edited by fortoak; 03-03-2011, 22:11.

Comment

Originally posted by fortoak View Post
                                The new demo map will not unlock on my 7 Series unit !, but the older V1.07 does work !

demo map cannot be transferred to the gpsr...it is for viewing only in mapsource... you can get a hold though of the latest contributors map which is the equivalent of the demo map, but you need to contribute data first in order for you to be given an unlock code.

Comment

Working...
                                X