No announcement yet.

Anyone using the new Nuvi 3790T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe its the map. try re-download and re-install of 1.07.
    if you have another gps unit, try installing 1.07, if ok then map has no problem.
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by 5000rpm View Post
      oh.. my bad.. so Taiwan units are still at 2.5

@rem
      still using the standard 1.07 map sir for my 3790T...

so now the only problem left is how to make my unit display the map properly...

@jamorales
      sir, did you use mapsource to load the philippine map to your unit? or is there any other way to do this? thanks
      I did nothing special to load my 1.07. It worked fine the first time. The only reason why I upgraded to the latest version 3.60 is because the unit reboots from time to time while in use.

Btw, regardless where you got your unit, they are all made in Taiwan.

Comment

Originally posted by jamorales3 View Post
        I did nothing special to load my 1.07. It worked fine the first time. The only reason why I upgraded to the latest version 3.60 is because the unit reboots from time to time while in use.

Btw, regardless where you got your unit, they are all made in Taiwan.
        If your are attend the January get togther on Friday, I can load my micro SD on your unit to see if it will work. Deal?

Comment

re-downloading everything, thank you very much for all the inputs, really appreciate it, will keep you guys posted...

@jam
          Thank you for the offer sir, unfortunately i won't be able to make it on the meet up, really appreciate it sir, thank you very much...

Comment

ok, a bit of an update... i was now able to update my software which turned out to be ver 2.1 for taiwan units... thaks to sir jigeloh for pointing out about units from different countries have different softwares, and MY/SING units have different software version with units bought from taiwan... unfortunately, upgrading the software did not solve the map issue, tried uninstalling, re-downloading, and re-installing everything (mapsource, training center, standard map 1.07) but to no avail... will continue to look for solution...

Comment

500rpm,

you know what, maybe it's just the display settings of your gps. go to tools>settings>navigation>automobile>map detail. set it to MORE.

now check if it works. maybe it's just the display settings

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                107 is the version of the map that everyone gets to use. No strings attached.

The contributors version is the latest version of the map and is locked.

Garmin has recently shifted it policy towards third party locked maps where the latest garmin models won't be able to use said locked maps. Garmin doesn't like third party maps even when those maps are the only ones available for a country and have created quite a few sales for garmin...

That's why your nuvi might not be able to use the contributors map.
                Does anybody here know a way around this? I tried loading the Contributor's map to the 3790T but it does not work. Pity... its an impressive gps.

Comment

i was just about to ask you sir jam about the contributor's map..

i'd be more than glad if i could make the standard map work on my unit, I have ran out of idea on what to do, tried everything already, tested with e memory card from my other unit but still the same... guess i'll just wait for further updates from garmin..

Comment

Originally posted by jamorales3 View Post
                    Does anybody here know a way around this? I tried loading the Contributor's map to the 3790T but it does not work. Pity... its an impressive gps.
                    none as of the moment. sorry.
                    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by 5000rpm View Post
                      i was just about to ask you sir jam about the contributor's map..

i'd be more than glad if i could make the standard map work on my unit, I have ran out of idea on what to do, tried everything already, tested with e memory card from my other unit but still the same... guess i'll just wait for further updates from garmin..
                      Oh man, you are missing all the wonderful features of the 3790. Pity... I wish I can help.

Have you tried installing the orginial system. Reason I asked is bcoz mine worked immediately after taking it out of the box. I just inserted the SD with the free map. No upgrading, no nothing.

Comment

I was able to test it in taiwan after I bought it, everything was working fine.. I immediately installed the standard philippine map when I arrived here, and that's the time when i decided to upgrade it after seeing the standard map not being properly displayed... oh well...

Comment

Check this review out, maybe author can help.

http://technoodling.net/video-review...gps-navigator/

Comment

I have the Nuvi 3790 and found an unlock img map named Philippines Road Guide 2010 in a certain gps forum. I dunno if this is the same as the standard map found here but it is definitely working on my unit. I put it in the internal memory and not the sd card (coz I already have a map on the sd card named gmapsupp, and naming another map as gmapsup2 is not working).

Please remember that putting another map on the Garmin folder will not work anymore for the 3790.

Comment

Question to Nuvi 3790 users....

It takes forever when I transfer img map to the SD card (even for smaller files). Have you experienced the same issue? What seems to be the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by j3k2 View Post
                                Question to Nuvi 3790 users....

It takes forever when I transfer img map to the SD card (even for smaller files). Have you experienced the same issue? What seems to be the problem?
                                I experienced the same thing. Solution: take out the SD card from the device and insert it directly to the PC/laptop. Much, much faster...

Comment

Working...
                                X