No announcement yet.

garmin 1300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gmapprom.img would normally be located under .system folder (hidden by default). that would be you preloaded US map.

do not delete gmapbmap.img. it's the garmin basemap, basically a crude map of the whole world. since it doesn't have much detail, it only takes about 100mb or so of space.

gmapsupp.img is our map.

Comment

Regarding charger, yes as Kuya Borgie said while your unit is plugged in the computer it will be charged. If you insist in charging with a wall charger, a charger with a USB output will do, cdrKing for example, or those adaptors that have USB ports to charge ipods and cellphones.
      any idea how many hours should i charge the unit if its totally drained?im afraid of overcharging the unit.

Comment

sorry to hijack the subject, just a noob question here..
        what is the difference between 1250 and 1300?

1. much bigger screen
        2. ?

Comment

Originally posted by tribal View Post
          any idea how many hours should i charge the unit if its totally drained?im afraid of overcharging the unit.
          it won't overcharge so no need to worry about that.
          got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
            gmapprom.img would normally be located under .system folder (hidden by default). that would be you preloaded US map.

do not delete gmapbmap.img. it's the garmin basemap, basically a crude map of the whole world. since it doesn't have much detail, it only takes about 100mb or so of space.

gmapsupp.img is our map.

i still cannot see any system folder even i change to show hidden files..

Comment

Originally posted by legtu View Post
              it won't overcharge so no need to worry about that.
              ok thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by tribal View Post
                i still cannot see any system folder even i change to show hidden files..
                how about using "search" to find the file?

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
                  how about using "search" to find the file?
                  or if you are using windows, type .system at location status bar...it should D:\garmin\.system...

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk
                  FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

I also have a 1300, just finished installing mapsource, I'm basically still ignorant about loading maps and stuff but mine had a Philippine map already which I guess is from RG.

Well right now I've been adding "favorites", not really sure if that's the way to make "contributions" and then eventually upload them here. Anyway, is it necessary to get an SD card for back or something? Or is it basically useless right now since I'm a newbie?

Comment

Btw, I noticed a only have a Philippine Map in my Garmin 1300, do I get a free US map from the Garmin website once I register my device?

Comment

Originally posted by cs_nognog View Post
                        Btw, I noticed a only have a Philippine Map in my Garmin 1300, do I get a free US map from the Garmin website once I register my device?
                        Sir, US map is usually included when you bought your Bnew GPSR unit. For you to better understand the how to of your RG map and some stuff details here, please try to check this link...
                        http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

HTH.
                        Last edited by Loop; 04-13-2012, 17:48.
                        If there's a WHEEL, there's a WAY!

Comment

Yes I already have the Philippine map on my device, however, what about the US map? How do I access it?

Comment

Yes I already have the Philippine map on my device, however, what about the US map? How do I access it?
                            You can check it in your My Map icon if there are US Map in your GPSR together with the RG Map installed. Check the US map for you to access it.

Comment

Originally posted by Loop View Post
                              You can check it in your My Map icon if there are US Map in your GPSR together with the RG Map installed. Check the US map for you to access it.
                              Got it! Thanks!

Comment

Got it! Thanks!
                                Nice! Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                                X