CarNavi reviews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CarNavi reviews?

It's P9,000 for their cheapest unit with a 2010 Philippines map. Has anyone tried it yet?

link

Carnavi

I bought one from CarNavi, Eco300 unit. I’m satisfied with the unit. Reason for purchase the map is already up-dated as of 2010 and ready to use when you open the unit.

Comment

Originally posted by raymond View Post
      I bought one from CarNavi, Eco300 unit. I’m satisfied with the unit. Reason for purchase the map is already up-dated as of 2010 and ready to use when you open the unit.
      why not try to get roadguide contributors map?
      youll be missing a lot...i can easily get a carnavi but i dont bec. roadguide map is the best there is.
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

I wonder how accurate the Car-navi maps compared to the roadguide and accumap?

Comment

Originally posted by snorkle View Post
          both of them not even close to roadguide.
          far,farrrrr,farrrrrrrrr layo grabe
          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by snorkle View Post
            dont waste your time.

Comment

Car-Navi View

I been using their Eco Series for 1month already. Here my experience
              1.Accuracy of location based on their database (Point of Interest) is accurate. I have to find a place called Techno Park Hotel in Sta Rosa Laguna. Its part of their data base, I tested the unit so far the unit lead me in front of this hotel.
              2.There are alternate route suggested by the unit. You can test it in the unit before going in the actual road . If you don’t follow the direction, usually the unit calculates in second an alternate route for you.
              3.There is a lot of POI data base in the unit, some times I use google map to find the coordinates of a specific POI and use this coordinates in my unit to find a point of interest.
              4.Bldgs in the map a represented in shaded polygon beside the road and you can tilt the map depending on what angel you want to view.
              5.On m way to office in the morning I noticed the unit turn to night mode automatically when going under the Edsa-Mkt Tunnel and back to original mode.

So far this is all I can share with the group.

Thanks
              Raymonnd

Comment

interesting. where can you find/see these carnavi units?

Comment

Originally posted by raymond View Post
                  I been using their Eco Series for 1month already. Here my experience
                  1.Accuracy of location based on their database (Point of Interest) is accurate. I have to find a place called Techno Park Hotel in Sta Rosa Laguna. Its part of their data base, I tested the unit so far the unit lead me in front of this hotel.
                  2.There are alternate route suggested by the unit. You can test it in the unit before going in the actual road . If you don’t follow the direction, usually the unit calculates in second an alternate route for you.
                  3.There is a lot of POI data base in the unit, some times I use google map to find the coordinates of a specific POI and use this coordinates in my unit to find a point of interest.
                  4.Bldgs in the map a represented in shaded polygon beside the road and you can tilt the map depending on what angel you want to view.
                  5.On m way to office in the morning I noticed the unit turn to night mode automatically when going under the Edsa-Mkt Tunnel and back to original mode.

So far this is all I can share with the group.

Thanks
                  Raymonnd
                  thanks for sharing.
                  hope you could update us later....even with your bad experience if any.
                  btw does your map have rivers on it?

Comment

Carnavi Experience

So far in my common route office-house, I can see creek areas and sea side of coastal areas on the map.

Raymond

Comment

I have seen a demo of this GPS yesterday in one of the car accessories store and here are some of my observations:

1. The map can be stored ONLY in the memory card (i.e. without the MC its not a GPS).
                      2. Texts are narrow compared with Nuvi
                      3. It has a stylus (don't know if this is an advantage)
                      4. It has a Tagalog voice (liko sa kaliwa...)
                      5. There are too many sub-menus (like for example when changing voice, you have to click more than 5 sub-menus).
                      6. 3.5in model costs P9000 (comparable to nuvi 205?)
                      and
                      7. It has a Traffic Re-routing.... Wait.. this obviously is not the Traffic rerouting used in the States. The salesperson told me its a feature where- if you see that there's traffic ahead ,you have to click on the area on the GPS where there's traffic and it will automatically re-route. (don't know the logic behind this).

Well this is how I see it. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Is the Roadguide map compatible with this unit?

Comment

Originally posted by garmine View Post
                        I have seen a demo of this GPS yesterday in one of the car accessories store and here are some of my observations:

1. The map can be stored ONLY in the memory card (i.e. without the MC its not a GPS).
                        5. There are too many sub-menus (like for example when changing voice, you have to click more than 5 sub-menus).
                        and
                        7. It has a Traffic Re-routing.... Wait.. this obviously is not the Traffic rerouting used in the States. The salesperson told me its a feature where- if you see that there's traffic ahead ,you have to click on the area on the GPS where there's traffic and it will automatically re-route. (don't know the logic behind this).

Well this is how I see it. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Is the Roadguide map compatible with this unit?
                        believe me youre wasting your time...its not an option esp. if you have Roadguide contributors map.

Comment

and
                          hmmmm. i haven't tried it. but what's the point? i already have a nuvi.
                          i'd like to share my opinion. i don't know if others will have the same.
                          1. memory cards are not required in my nuvi, just an add on in case needed. but i dont need it because i have plenty of free memory space (1.6GB if i remove the US map and 600 MB if i don't remove the US map). i'd rather use my memory card for my camera.
                          2. you need to focus more intently in reading narrow texts which would divide your concentration during driving, hence, high accident risk.
                          3. stylus is used for precision pointing on the screen. if stylus is needed, then the unit is not "touch-optimized". i'll be having a hard time using the menu. i have no problems navigating menus in my nuvi using my finger. no stylus needed at all.
                          4. i don't need the tagalog version since the english speech is already understandable.
                          5. i'd rather have a simplified menu where i can easily revise options with the least number of menus (well, at least for gps purposes). i'd want the detailed sub and subsub menus if i'm using my phone or pda for purposes other than gps use.
                          6. nuvi 205 is $119.90, 205w is $139.99, 255 is $139.99 and 255w is $179.99. ALL chepear than P9000.
                          7. well if i'm stuck in a traffic, then i'd just turn a different way and my nuvi will automatically recalculate the route for me.

well, i guess i'm just too happy with my nuvi with roadguide in it that i don't need to look for other maps. it will just a be waste of my time. i'd rather use that time contributing to help in further improving the roadguide map.
                          basing on your comments, i think you like your nuvi also.
                          again, just my opinion and i respect the opinion of others also.
                          Last edited by doki; 03-03-2010, 11:10.

Comment

i cant imagine using a stylus in my gps unit to input a destination when im driving....

Comment

I agree with both of you. Nuvi is far far better.
                              It is pointless continuing this thread.
                              No offense but may I suggest to delete this thread or put it in archive.

Comment

Working...
                              X