No announcement yet.

CarNavi reviews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm a carnavi user. aside from the fact that carnavi has good features its more convenient for me to use carnavi since I have a very busy schedule. I have no time to contribute maps and download each map. carnavi does the updates for me. cheers

Comment

Carnavi BT

I bought the 4.3 inch screen version. It has Bluetooth for hands free cell phone use but I only got the BT version because of the larger screen.

In the past few weeks of operation I have been very impressed with the unit. Setting up routes is easy, just point to your start location and then scroll to your destination and point. After a few seconds your route is shown and the unit will then guide you. If you go off route for any reason (traffic, short cut etc) the unit will recalculate the route for you very quickly.

I have used the unit to navigate between Manila and Lucena, as well as Subic and all points in Metro Manila itself. No complaints from me so far. I use the English prompts as they sound better to me. The map of Manila is very detailed indeed; the details becomes less in the provinces but not so much that you would get lost.

One problem I have found is the Carnavi website which does not seem to have a proper link to the map updates. I would like to update to the latest version. I will have to phone the guys to see what's up with that.

The company actually delivered the unit to me COD on a Saturday afternoon so thumbs up to them for that. The motorcycle delivery guy nearly got lost so I suggested he fit a unit to his bike!

I don't have experience of any other brand so I cannot compare, all I can say is that this unit works for me.

George
      DU1GM
      Last edited by Reiji; 05-11-2010, 23:03. Reason: to conform with forum house rules

Comment

Originally posted by DU1GM View Post
        I bought the 4.3 inch screen version. It has Bluetooth for hands free cell phone use but I only got the BT version because of the larger screen.

In the past few weeks of operation I have been very impressed with the unit. Setting up routes is easy, just point to your start location and then scroll to your destination and point. After a few seconds your route is shown and the unit will then guide you. If you go off route for any reason (traffic, short cut etc) the unit will recalculate the route for you very quickly.

I have used the unit to navigate between Manila and Lucena, as well as Subic and all points in Metro Manila itself. No complaints from me so far. I use the English prompts as they sound better to me. The map of Manila is very detailed indeed; the details becomes less in the provinces but not so much that you would get lost.

One problem I have found is the Carnavi website which does not seem to have a proper link to the map updates. I would like to update to the latest version. I will have to phone the guys to see what's up with that.

The company actually delivered the unit to me COD on a Saturday afternoon so thumbs up to them for that. The motorcycle delivery guy nearly got lost so I suggested he fit a unit to his bike!

I don't have experience of any other brand so I cannot compare, all I can say is that this unit works for me.

George
        DU1GM

please do NOT post in bold letter coz its like shouting

thanks and good day
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

no it's not, CAPITALS IS LIKE SHOUTING!!!

Bold and colored letters are nice to the eye
          Last edited by Reiji; 05-11-2010, 23:04.

Comment

no it's not, CAPITALS IS LIKE SHOUTING!!!

Bold and colored letters are nice to the eye
            Have to agree with hbt that using bold font for all the text in your post is just like shouting. It's okay to use bold & colored fonts if you want to emphasize something in your post. Or are you trying to tell us something? For someone who claims he hasn't tried any other brand of gps, why then did you put "Garmin" as your device? If you want to push for car navi you could've done so in a more subtle manner.

So please refrain from posting again in bold font... First and last warning...

Comment

Where did I write Garmin???

I just wanted to give my experience of the Carnavi unit. I'm not pushing it, nor do I have any links to that company. The only other gps I have experience of is an old Magellan from the days before map displays.

Throw me out if you like. Delete my posts, obviously my experience is of no interest to anyone and all you can bleat about is the color of my font!!!
              Maybe you should remove the font color option from your forum.

Incidentally, the map update link on the Carnavi website is now working and I downloaded the May 2010 update without problems.

Have a nice day and keep your blood pressure down for goodness sake.

Comment

Sir pagtanggap sa opinion ng iba lang naman ang hinihingi, the moderators just suggested to use a more subtle font in order to make it easier to view. Comply na lang po tayo. Take not also that you indicate in your profile that the gps that you are using is a Garmin, so baka yun po yung sinasabi ni sir hbt.

The forum was created to help, sa ibang forum napapansin ko nagkakaroon ng mga debate and heated exchange pero napansin lang po siguro ng admin at mods na iba approach nyo sir DU1GM.

Comment

Where did I write Garmin???

I just wanted to give my experience of the Carnavi unit. I'm not pushing it, nor do I have any links to that company. The only other gps I have experience of is an old Magellan from the days before map displays.

Throw me out if you like. Delete my posts, obviously my experience is of no interest to anyone and all you can bleat about is the color of my font!!!
                  Maybe you should remove the font color option from your forum.

Incidentally, the map update link on the Carnavi website is now working and I downloaded the May 2010 update without problems.

Have a nice day and keep your blood pressure down for goodness sake.

Guess you didn't notice this then written at the opposite your handle name upper right corner of your post (that you wrote when you registered at RG):

GPS unit: Garmin

... in case you haven't also noticed or browsed our threads, we welcome each and every comment of other gps brands and maps but forum rules should always prevail. Now if you don't like the rules you're free to leave. Or break the rules again, i'd gladly give you the boot, even if i do like the font color you're using this time...

... wonder whose blood pressure is going up?

Comment

Originally posted by attydenden View Post
                    Sir pagtanggap sa opinion ng iba lang naman ang hinihingi, the moderators just suggested to use a more subtle font in order to make it easier to view. Comply na lang po tayo. Take not also that you indicate in your profile that the gps that you are using is a Garmin, so baka yun po yung sinasabi ni sir hbt.

The forum was created to help, sa ibang forum napapansin ko nagkakaroon ng mga debate and heated exchange pero napansin lang po siguro ng admin at mods na iba approach nyo sir DU1GM.
                    Thank you for your post attydenden and for understanding the position of the mods . But please post in english as we do have an international audience and non-tagalog speaking members that we don't want to leave out in the discussions... TIA

Comment

and also i say "please" dont use "BOLD"
                      i didnt mention anything about color

and btw.... welcome to roadguide and God Bless

@attydenden- thanks for understanding
                      Last edited by hbt; 05-12-2010, 11:13.
                      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                        and also i say "please" dont use "BOLD"
                        i didnt mention anything about color

and btw.... welcome to roadguide and God Bless

@attydenden- thanks for understanding
                        I think he got offended on the warning notice. That's it. I believe the point Borgie and Hbt is pointing is out is to follow the rules or what is universally accepted on how we post etc.. in a typical forum. I feel that he does not have that intention to shout at all. Its just a matter how he interpreted the notice (all of us commit mistakes-tao lang po): but I'm sure that the intention of Mod is keep the forum in order.

Comment

No problem guys, nice colors only and no bold just to keep the peace.

I'm not really interested in other brands of gps, but would appreciate the opinions and experiences of other Carnavi users.

As far as I can see so far it's a nice unit, if a little pricey compared to units bought abroad, but since I'm only going to use it in the Philippines it's not a problem to me as the map is specifically designed for here.
                          Does anyone know what the latest update contained? I can't see much difference yet.

BTW. I'm not Filipino but British. I live in the Philippines and I do speak Tagalog!

I suppose I better change my profile, I'm not sure why I put Garmin in there!

Cheers all

George
                          Last edited by DU1GM; 05-12-2010, 14:03.

Comment

My bad sir borgie, I forgot that this indeed is an international forum. Its so happened that my sense of nationalism is stiring my emotions. Goodluck to all of us, this forum will definitely help the community.

Comment

By the way If im not mistaken sir DU1GM is an administrator in Phil. Amateur Radio Association their forum is http://para.org.ph/forum/index.php which is also helpful to amateur radio operators.

Nice knowing that your into gps also sir DU1GM

Comment

Originally posted by attydenden View Post
                                By the way If im not mistaken sir DU1GM is an administrator in Phil. Amateur Radio Association their forum is http://para.org.ph/forum/index.php which is also helpful to amateur radio operators.

Nice knowing that your into gps also sir DU1GM
                                O.T. I was once an avid user of VHF radios several years ago. I did enjoy modulating as far as Bicol region using w/out any repeater but a twin 7 only. Or having a conversation in Baguio getting a full scale in your meter while inside your car in Tagaytay.

Comment

Working...
                                X