No announcement yet.

CarNavi reviews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me I am happy with my nuvi 780. I spent a total cost of around 11500 all in including custom charges from the US. I just upgraded my firmware and it works perfectly fine. I don't know carnavi but they keep on sending me email for map update I wander why, but I did not buy anything from them.

Comment

Last week i had a chance to go to a CarNavi Boot in Robinson.
      The demo was pretty cool, I ask about their MAP and the sales person said that they have a team circulating around the country to gather data and verify roads, landmarks etc... so making their map much more accurate than any other maps. (By the way the unit map cannot be updated by any 3rd party provider)..

Originally posted by hbt View Post
      both of them not even close to roadguide.
      far,farrrrr,farrrrrrrrr layo grabe
      Hi HBT

May i know the details why roadguide map is way way much better than CarNavi?

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
      why not try to get roadguide contributors map?
      youll be missing a lot...i can easily get a carnavi but i dont bec. roadguide map is the best there is.
      Hi Reiji0463

I read some threads about some map topics on the newbie section. Currently im planning to buy 255w or CarNavi.
      My concern in Nuvi is i have to use a contributor map from roadguide right? On my side contributing data is fine with me but how can i be assured that the contributor Map is accurate? Since data comes from the forum users do we have a team/process that verify all of the contributed data?

Comment

Hi Reiji0463

I read some threads about some map topics on the newbie section. Currently im planning to buy 255w or CarNavi.
        My concern in Nuvi is i have to use a contributor map from roadguide right? On my side contributing data is fine with me but how can i be assured that the contributor Map is accurate? Since data comes from the forum users do we have a team/process that verify all of the contributed data?
        Hi Natsu, welcome to Roadguide. You can load your Nuvi with version 1.07 which is free from this site. This version is already usable and can be use and already comprehensive. But if you want the latest version (V1.13) you have to become a contributor.(pls refer to thread how to become a contributor for details). The free version as well as contributors map is fairly accurate as this is contributed by our fellow members who wants to continuously improve the map. The tracks we share are from actual traces we have done hence accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Natsu View Post
          1. yes we are doing verification process of all data submitted. of course all maps are work in progress, even carnavi map, its not 100% error free.
          2. we have responsible contributors. you see its the essence of our contributors map, contribute and you can also use contributions from others. if you want to have good contribution from others, then you should give good data too. if they notice some inconsistency, they immediately upload corrections.
          3. so far, all contributors are satisfied with the quality of our map.

one more advantage of nuvis is you can load maps for other countries if you would use it abroad.
          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

@jspalaroan
            @Reiji0463

Hi thanks guys for the info

Comment

My Carnavi Experience

My experience with my Carnavi units. It really help me a lot in finding places in Manila/Others.
              a)I was browsing a second hand ride on car unit under sulit.com for my kid, the instruction that was given to me to reach their place:” if you reach this area turn right and turn left and so on. With the unit I just search the carnavi data base using the last land mark the person gave me and just follow the voice guide prompt. I safely arrive at the meeting place.
              b)I’m in Diliman one time and I need to purchase a blood pressure monitor in tayuman. I just search the nearest land mark given to me in the database and follow the voice promt I was able to get there.
              c)Night time, we going home from one of the resort in Cavite. With the unit I just select our house and follow the voice prompt instruction to get to our house. It really give me a peace on mind that the unit will help me to find the route home.
              I not familiar with road here in Manila, with the unit I’m getting new route on how to get to my destination. Thanks for the ready made database on the unit.

Comment

thats what GPSr do
                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by Natsu View Post
                  The demo was pretty cool, I ask about their MAP and the sales person said that they have a team circulating around the country to gather data and verify roads, landmarks etc... so making their map much more accurate than any other maps. (By the way the unit map cannot be updated by any 3rd party provider)..
                  Their last map update was on May 2010, 5 months ago. It looks like they quit doing it.

Comment

OT, but yeah that is what I always tell everyone who asks me about the maps, I always tell them that between a commercial map and a volunteer group like RG map, the Volunteer group will always be more updated because of the big contributor base and the nature of the Cartography hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by snorkle View Post
                      Their last map update was on May 2010, 5 months ago. It looks like they quit doing it.
                      Inav has just released it's update this month. It took a while (first a Trojan virus, then a corrupt file), until they were able to sort it out and I was finally able to get the upgraded map for my cheapo p301. Their next update is Jan or Feb, 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Triggerfish View Post
                        Inav has just released it's update this month. It took a while (first a Trojan virus, then a corrupt file), until they were able to sort it out and I was finally able to get the upgraded map for my cheapo p301. Their next update is Jan or Feb, 2011.
                        Can I ask where you were able to download the updated map? Because I tried going to the Car Navi website and the map update they have is still the one from May 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Pimplepopper View Post
                          Can I ask where you were able to download the updated map? Because I tried going to the Car Navi website and the map update they have is still the one from May 2010.
                          Here is version 1.5b sir, for October 28, 2010.

http://inav.ph/new_updates.html

Comment

Originally posted by Triggerfish View Post
                            Do you have any info, like the screen size and price of the products listed on the iNAV website?

Can I use this map on a Gamin Nuvi GPS device?

Comment

Bought a unit as a Christmas gift for my dad. Been playing around with it for the past couple of months and so far I've been very happy with it.

Granted that I have no basis for comparison since I've never tried Garmin units before this, but the maps have been generally accurate and it's great that it shows you the nearest points of interests along your route.

Of course it would be better if the updating of the map/s are community based like here, so I guess the success of this product depends on how often they can update their maps.

I'll be going to Hong Kong this weekend and I've loaded up some HK maps in my unit so I can try it there. Will try to post about my experience when I get back.

Comment

Alternate routes are proposed units. You can test the unit prior to the actual road. If you do not follow the direction of the second unit is usually calculated in an appropriate way for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X