No announcement yet.

Just for fun: Screenshots of your GPS Accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ooopppss sorry judge. you can transfer the conversation part to the nuvi section. just got carried away hehehe
    Last edited by hbt; 08-11-2009, 11:34.
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

No prob.

4 posts moved to Nuvi section.

Comment

Originally posted by The Judge View Post
        Guys, there's a thread for the nuvifone. Let's keep this thread clean please.
        Sowee sir judge dear..
        We got some places to see...I brought all the maps with me...So jump right in...Ain't no sin...Take a ride in my machine.

- Freeway Of Love (Pink Cadillac), Aretha Franklin

Comment

Here's mine:

Nuvi 360 with flip-up antenna
          standing still

Comment

60CSx best accuracy

Taken in a beach in Ilocos, no external antenna, clear sky no clouds. This is the best accuracy I have ever seen in my 60CSx, the GPS is in satellite page. the accuracy is in the upper left corner, +/- 2meter
            Attached Files

Comment

brand: garmin

Comment

brand: garmin
                model: oregon 300

inside the house.

Comment

BB 8900, re-rad antenna, inside moving car:

Comment

Is this done by pressing snapshot when in the accuracy screen ?

Comment

yes elx221, that is correct...

Originally posted by elx221 View Post
                      Is this done by pressing snapshot when in the accuracy screen ?

Comment

Here's another screenshot..

Model: Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Last edited by razorspells; 09-07-2009, 10:55.

Comment

Originally posted by razorspells View Post
                          yes elx221, that is correct...
                          Thank you razorspells. nice pic... re gps enabled celfone, is the satellite signal provided by network ? or is it free like our garmin nuvis ?
                          Have check with globe yesterday, she said it is thru their internet connection, so we pay for it.. same with the other network daw (smart)...

Comment

hi elx221, the GPS signal from the satellite is totally free.. it does not rely on the network.. however if the GPS app that you are using on your phone requires something from the internet, then that is where you get charged by the network.

On my samsung omnia there's a setting there called "Enhanced GPS settings" that will download the latest satellite data from the internet. I did not enable that because it will download from the internet and the network would charge me for that. I use Garmin MobileXT on the phone and it works perfectly without downloading anything from the internet..

Thank you razorspells. nice pic... re gps enabled celfone, is the satellite signal provided by network ? or is it free like our garmin nuvis ?
                            Have check with globe yesterday, she said it is thru their internet connection, so we pay for it.. same with the other network daw (smart)...
                            Last edited by razorspells; 09-07-2009, 10:13.

Comment

tnx for the info razorspells

Comment

offtopic: re gps enabled celfone, is the satellite signal provided by network ? or is it free like our garmin nuvis ?
                                Don't mind her, she's probably talking about google maps where you do need to have an internet connection for it to work. For gps enabled phones, even without a sim card, garmin xt works just fine & for free... Give it a try without the sim... HTH

Comment

Working...
                                X