No announcement yet.

Just for fun: Screenshots of your GPS Accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin GPS Map60CSx built in antenna outdoors, night time. Check the coordinates so you'll know why I got this level of accuracy Best accuracy I got from all of my GPS receivers

Oh and for those with questions about WAAS, yes we can receive these signals here in the Philippines.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
      Hi Neil. Try to change the unit from metric to english & note the difference. My 60csx best reading is +-3m but when unit's changed to english it becomes 8'. Metric rounds up to zero decimal place apparently same as english but english gives the more accurate value...
      Originally posted by rem View Post
      Garmin GPS Map60CSx built in antenna outdoors, night time. Check the coordinates so you'll know why I got this level of accuracy Best accuracy I got from all of my GPS receivers

Oh and for those with questions about WAAS, yes we can receive these signals here in the Philippines.
      Rem, please check out my post above. Methinks the accuracy figure can be appreciated more when unit is changed from metric to english. Who knows, maybe your GPS accuracy sub 6'. But that's a far-off mountain reading got there, doubt you'll get the chance to check the english unit accuracy immediately...

Comment

here's mine.

Last edited by doki; 08-04-2010, 19:05.

Comment

mine...
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rem View Post

Oh yeah, your in the Batulao Summit.

Can you enlighten me to the WAAS coverage in the Philippines. I know that it is being developed in the Philippines for quite a year. Have you any info with regards to WAAS broadcast foot print in the Philippines.
            Last edited by d1754; 04-05-2010, 08:07.
            d1754
            "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
            those who accept it avoid the snares of death
            . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

colorado unit

hi all,

the most accurate was 3 meters. never had 2 meters appeared on the screen, though not difficult for my unit to get a 3 meter reading.

on the street, my unit reading is always between 4 to 8.

Comment

3m Accuracy of Nuvi 1300

Happy with this accuracy..
                Attached Files

Comment

Sort of an off-topic question regarding accuracy...

The speed that I'm getting with my Nuvi is different vs. the car's speedometer.
                  Now versus the MMDA's speed gun, which one should we follow? the Nuvi's or the car's speedometer?

Comment

Originally posted by rosanro1 View Post

Now versus the MMDA's speed gun, which one should we follow? the Nuvi's or the car's speedometer?
                    Unless you are using over sized tires for your car, the reading on your speedometer should be faster by about 2 to 3 percent of your actual speed. Which is approximately the same as what you will get on your gps. But it is safer to rely on your car's speedometer because there is some lag in the update time on the gps receivers speedometer.
                    I am but a figment of your imagination... with a post count of 9999 or greater.

Comment

Originally posted by rosanro1 View Post

for safety reason, follow the car's speedometer. manufacturers of car speedometers do intentionally build their products with a margin of error (faster indication than actual speed) for safety purposes and so that they avoid facing litigation from consumers who are caught overspeeding (especially in the US of A).

for accuracy's sake, gps-based speed reading is more accurate. that's why 5th gear (the auomotive show) uses a separate gps-based speedometer when they test the max speed of those supercars.

Comment

Totally Agree with Kuya Pokz.

Just one thing, you mentioned MMDA speed gun, are you planning on using your GPS as proof that you did not overspeed even if the MMDA caught you over the limit? Hmm, I was wondering about that too while driving in NLEX last weekend.

1. I observed what Kuya pokz said, that GPS speedo was higher than the Vehicle speedo (starex).

2. I understand that usually (do not quote me on this) the speed gun people will not go after you if you are only over a few kph the speed limit, ie going 105 in a 100 zone. I would hazard that you can even go up to 120kph.

I suspect that this way there is almost no question that you are overspeeding, if they catch you at 125 or 130 for example, technically you are overspeeding maybe at 35 or 40 over the limit.

3. If you are going to try to use your GPS, make sure that your max speed logged is not higher than the speed limit. I mean you might have reached 140kph a few nights ago, and it might still be in the memory of your GPS, remember when you slow down the speedo of the GPS will slow down and only register your max speed (if available).

Me? while driving, I concluded that I can still use my GPS to reach maximum speed limit of 100. I'm chicken about overspeeding anyway

TTFN
                        Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                          1. I observed what Kuya pokz said, that GPS speedo was higher than the Vehicle speedo (starex).
                          you sure?
                          How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

@kuya arvin: re-check mo, maybe you have seen it the other way around.
                            my gps speedo is 5kph lower than my car's speedo. (hence car speedo is faster than my gps speedometer)
                            Last edited by doki; 06-06-2011, 12:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                              you sure?

not unless youre traveling 1 km/hr. mwahahahaha kurne
                              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                              - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Thanks guys!

PS.... Car's speedometer is +5% faster than the GPS'

Have a nice day!

Comment

Working...
                                X