CarNavi reviews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Carnavi experience.

Its my first time to drive sa Baguio with my Carnavi. With the heavy fog we encounterd sa driving along Marcos highway that day,the unit comes in handy on what road contour to expect . I used google to get coordinates of our hotel kahit wala sa POI list . So far I’m satisfied with my unit.

Comment

Originally posted by raymond View Post
      Its my first time to drive sa Baguio with my Carnavi. With the heavy fog we encounterd sa driving along Marcos highway that day,the unit comes in handy on what road contour to expect . I used google to get coordinates of our hotel kahit wala sa POI list . So far I’m satisfied with my unit.
      hi raymond.. there are plenty of one-way roads in baguio, thus driving around the city can be a pain, especially if its your first time.. is the carnavi up-to-date with the one-way roads?

Comment

Originally posted by prnd32 View Post
        hi raymond.. there are plenty of one-way roads in baguio, thus driving around the city can be a pain, especially if its your first time.. is the carnavi up-to-date with the one-way roads?
        There is one direction given by the unit to turn left buts its one way after that passing route the unit gave me an alternate route to my coordinates. Rest off the tour so far all direction are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by raymond View Post
          There is one direction given by the unit to turn left buts its one way after that passing route the unit gave me an alternate route to my coordinates. Rest off the tour so far all direction are correct.
          good to hear that! enjoy your baguio tour...

Comment

Interesting read from another forum regarding CarNavi -> tsikot.com's carNAVI GPS navigation systems thread

Comment

Originally posted by warfab View Post
              Interesting read from another forum regarding CarNavi -> tsikot.com's carNAVI GPS navigation systems thread
              the problem i see with threads like those are:
              notice the two posters in favour post count? that spells out SPAMMING to me...

the other problem i have is someone talking about what the contributors map can or cannot do when they havent got a clue.
              the recto issue was fixed way back...
              How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

carnavi who cares?
                Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                  the other problem i have is someone talking about what the contributors map can or cannot do when they havent got a clue.
                  I noticed on other forums that people who don't have access to the Contributor Map tend to be biased against the the Contributor Map as well as its Contributors. Being denied the Contributor Status / Contributor Map seems to drive them loopy.

Comment

Originally posted by jonatle View Post
                    carnavi who cares?
                    :d:d:d
                    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

CarNavi so far worked for me.
                      I just had problems in firmware update because i have to e-mail technical support for some passwords in order to access their firmware update. Other than that, no problem. I had used it in Baguio and it worked well.

Comment

Whatever suits our needs

First of all, thank you for this forum as I now got the info I need on what gps device to get. Your posts are very helpful!

Right now, I'm leaning towards Carnavi...just because I can use it right away, and as commented by others, it has pretty accurate navigation. (I have visited their sales centers & watched their You Tube videos as well.)
                        I'm not sure if I have the time, or skills, to contribute and get a PH map if I got a Garmin although I got from other posts that it seems like a better unit visually, & cheaper at that.

Carnavi also has good support on their site...how to download updated maps, etc. Plus they already have preloaded maps not only of the Phils., but Singapore & Malaysia as well, & can download for free other maps like HK, Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia...places I could take a vacation with the family.
                        Finally, their PH map is updated as of June 2011.

Taking into consideration my capabilities & schedule, it might just be a good fit for me. Again, thanks for your site & this forum. Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute something when I get to buy one.

Comment

carnavi uses open street map

carnavi uses open street map, comparative charts below:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/RoadGuide.ph

Openstreet map data quality to quote"Very incomplete. Since routing is not the singular goal of OSM, routing-specific data, such as oneways, turn restrictions, barriers, and the like, are often missing in the covered areas. In addition, satnav device-specific features (such as customized guidance, lane assist, etc.) are often absent altogether. "

Roadguideph:"Very good. Since routing and satellite navigation is the primary goal of RoadGuide.ph, the contributed data is focused on these aspects. Since Garmin is the primary target brand, Garmin devices are well supported.
                          One side effect of this is that RoadGuide.ph has the convention that POIs must be placed about 6-8 meters (or so) from the centerline of the access road even if the actual location is further away. This makes the data useless for creating actual graphical maps where the relative location of POIs with respect to each other matters, but this makes the data excellent for routing since the user can be pointed to the correct road for access to the POI. "

Comment

Working...
                          X