CDRKing GPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CDRKing GPS

Was in CDRking this afternoon and saw a guy looking at a PND CDRking brand. So got curious and checked for details.

1. The sales ladies have no idea about the map of course.
    2. It says Windows CE
    3. There was something under Windows CE but it was taken off, literally the box was cut to take out whatever was printed in there.

So a PND such as this could technically run Garmin Mobile XT right? If only it was still supported by Garmin.

Price is P5,800 wonder how much Mobile XT cost, might be $100? If so, then you still end up with a P10,000 GPS unit, then go with a Nuvi instead I imagine.

Anyone has first hand experience with these?

TTFN
    Arvin

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
    Was in CDRking this afternoon and saw a guy looking at a PND CDRking brand. So got curious and checked for details.

2. It says Windows CE
    3. There was something under Windows CE but it was taken off, literally the box was cut to take out whatever was printed in there.

So a PND such as this could technically run Garmin Mobile XT right? If only it was still supported by Garmin.

Price is P5,800 wonder how much Mobile XT cost, might be $100? If so, then you still end up with a P10,000 GPS unit, then go with a Nuvi instead I imagine.

TTFN
    Arvin
    I am using one right now, a friend of my brother has two units with the old standard map (ver 5.08) from RG installed. I installed the new standard map ver 1.07 basic,and has been using it for a week now. Even used it side by side with my HTC 3G with map ver 1.15 and I can say that the routing,voice guidance and alerts(u turn) are almost simultaneous with a little difference in guidance as I have installed "better guidance ver 1.15 on my phone. and yes it has GMXT already installed on both units when he bought it.
    He lets us use it for a while in exchange for me installing his PND's a better map,

Comment

Thanks for the information and "review" wow a very cheap way to get a GPS, plus RG map compatible. Should boost RG membership and probably will compete against the better known but slightly more expensive brands.

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

they're cheap for several obvious reasons.

i highly doubt that its running a licensed version of WinCE, same goes for mobilext.
        got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

apparently they do run licensed windoze and legal papago software. we were informed by maction that cdrking will be distributor for them here
          How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

the more the merrier
            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

good to know that the papago pnd that's going to be sold by cdr king are legit units.

i wonder if the papago software allows for recording tracks? i assume that it has poi recording but do they have a pc-side software (something similar to mapsource) that can manage the poi's?
              got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

absolutely no idea bout that
                How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post

2. It says Windows CE

TTFN
                  Arvin
                  I was at CDR king branch in UP Technohub, and check thier new GPS. Yes it cost P5,800.00 the software is PAPAGO with Philippine Map from JKLinc 2010 Q2. The map is the same from the Papago Map downloadable from Itunes App store. Supplied to the Maction technologies from JCKlinc. I believe the cut-out portion of the box was the Window CE serial code. The product is from Taiwan. The instruction manual does not include on how to update the Papago Map. There is a micro-sdcard slot which i believe for storing the multi-media files. As the map is stored in the resident memory. It is a touch screen, it response immediately, the graphics are great a typical in papago maps.. My gripe is the volume is too low even it is in the maximum seting and the small sreen with small icons if your fingers are big. Hopefully someone would post a through review on this product.

Comment

Supplied to the Maction technologies from JKlinc?

Originally posted by JoshII View Post
                    I was at CDR king branch in UP Technohub, and check thier new GPS. Yes it cost P5,800.00 the software is PAPAGO with Philippine Map from JKLinc 2010 Q2. The map is the same from the Papago Map downloadable from Itunes App store. Supplied to the Maction technologies from JCKlinc. I believe the cut-out portion of the box was the Window CE serial code. The product is from Taiwan. The instruction manual does not include on how to update the Papago Map. There is a micro-sdcard slot which i believe for storing the multi-media files. As the map is stored in the resident memory. It is a touch screen, it response immediately, the graphics are great a typical in papago maps.. My gripe is the volume is too low even it is in the maximum seting and the small sreen with small icons if your fingers are big. Hopefully someone would post a through review on this product.
                    Just wondering if JKLinc sold the Philippine Map to Maction Technologies?

Comment

Originally posted by GarminGuru View Post
                      Just wondering if JKLinc sold the Philippine Map to Maction Technologies?
                      Hello GarminGuru,welcome to roadguide
                      please read:

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=3032

Comment

Originally posted by johnny2467 View Post
                        Hello GarminGuru,welcome to roadguide
                        please read:

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=3032
                        thanks Johnny but I'm not able to access it. not sure why. Can you cut and paste it here?

Comment

Originally posted by GarminGuru View Post
                          thanks Johnny but I'm not able to access it. not sure why. Can you cut and paste it here?
                          I sent it to you by PM coz not sure if I can re-post it here.hav a nice day

Comment

The link was in the contributor's section so JMs can't access.

Short reply is yes JKLinc to Maction.

In keeping with the RG policy, RG will (if there is a demand) post Papago compatible contributor maps. However as I understand it, you will lose the 3D buildings, because those were added by Maction themselves.

So if the reason for your inquiry is if RG members bought the Papago GPS from CDRking, and you are a contributor, you probably (surely) be able to get updated contributor's map from RG, sans features added by Maction.

So it's your choice between a more up to date map or an older one with the bells and whistles.

TTFN
                            Arvin

Comment

what is the specs..can you post some picture.thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X