CDRKing GPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see it this way:

Even if the maps of these devices are from or based from Roadguide Contributor's map. They are not actually "made available" by roadguide. RG does not convert the map themselves (the RG admins I mean), so it's only the maps that were converted by Papago to work with their software that can be considered "latest" for their units.

As it is, even I as an RG contributor, do not have access to latest RG contributor map version that is compatible to Papago.

Don't feel bad about the fact that Papago maps are not as updated as RG contributor's map. Why? I suspect that all paid maps out there, Papago, AVT, Garmin, etc. will not be of the same level as our latest RG contributor's map anyway

That is the advantage of joining a mapping community, versus just buying maps from the makers. You have a say on how accurate our map is!

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
      I see it this way:

Even if the maps of these devices are from or based from Roadguide Contributor's map. They are not actually "made available" by roadguide. RG does not convert the map themselves (the RG admins I mean), so it's only the maps that were converted by Papago to work with their software that can be considered "latest" for their units.

As it is, even I as an RG contributor, do not have access to latest RG contributor map version that is compatible to Papago.

Don't feel bad about the fact that Papago maps are not as updated as RG contributor's map. Why? I suspect that all paid maps out there, Papago, AVT, Garmin, etc. will not be of the same level as our latest RG contributor's map anyway

That is the advantage of joining a mapping community, versus just buying maps from the makers. You have a say on how accurate our map is!

TTFN
      Arvin
      I hope our map is secured enough so it cant be hacked and made money from by the evil doers.

Comment

Does Roadguide supply maps to AVT

Originally posted by ravewave View Post
        I hope our map is secured enough so it cant be hacked and made money from by the evil doers.
        --- Hi, am a newbie here...I would just like to clarify somethings...does Roadguide supply maps to AVT? Just curious...

Comment

Originally posted by bobby123 View Post
          --- Hi, am a newbie here...I would just like to clarify somethings...does Roadguide supply maps to AVT? Just curious...
          No.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk
          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Papago X8 software with intelligent map routing algorithm from roadguide

Originally posted by Reiji View Post
            No.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk
            Hi, I got a hold of Papago X8 and it does have a great map...it has the Mindanao-NLEX Link, Cavitex, New skyways, great routings and not dumb as other GPS who claims they have an accurate map. I then realized that GPS is not only about the map, the routing algorithm that comes with the software also makes a big difference and artificial intelligence built into Papago X8 makes the difference...take for example going from araneta and turning right to del monte...(with destination towards quezon city circle)....other GPS or maps brand will ask you to make a U-turn back towards araneta going quezon avenue. With the Roadguide map in-tandem with Papago X8 software routing algorithm will make you a path that really turns right at delmonte and proceed to west ave and towards q.c. circle....Kudos to Papago X8 intelligent routing parameters and JKLinc Map. Today, i was able to run mapsource for garmin and able to download the standard map version of roadguide...i will see how the routing intelligence of garmin software (nuvi 1320) will fair with that of Papago X8... (recommended path, and shortest distance routing option setting was taken into consideration in my road test)

will keep everybody posted

cheers :-)

Comment

Hi, I got a hold of Papago X8 and it does have a great map...it has the Mindanao-NLEX Link, Cavitex, New skyways, great routings and not dumb as other GPS who claims they have an accurate map.
              Yes it has, like it should be, it's from RG team

...take for example going from araneta and turning right to del monte...(with destination towards quezon city circle)....other GPS or maps brand will ask you to make a U-turn back towards araneta going quezon avenue. With the Roadguide map in-tandem with Papago X8 blablabla towards q.c. circle....Kudos to Papago X8
              Isn't this just a matter of taste, like usual many ways are leading to Rome. In the moment it's maybe better to avoid the Araneta jct. with QC Ave, that's a topic to discuss, but since the CD-R King GPS hasn"t X8 your post reads more like a Papago spot for the overpriced gadget from Carryboy. If Papago, then get it from CD-R King and save a load of money.

Comment

Garmin 1320 with Standard RG 1.07 map vs. Papago X8? Oh not a proper comparison there. The Papago will win because Papago has a higher version map than the 1.07 for sure.

For Garmin, there is an option to choose Fastest route or Shorter route, the problem is that oftentimes the route preference depends on how well you know the area and stuff. But because I am lazy, I just set it for Faster Route.

TTFN
                Arvin

Comment

CDR-King has low resolution vs PAPAGO X8 at 800x480 Onboard unit resolution

Originally posted by papagogo View Post

Isn't this just a matter of taste, like usual many ways are leading to Rome. In the moment it's maybe better to avoid the Araneta jct. with QC Ave, that's a topic to discuss, but since the CD-R King GPS hasn"t X8 your post reads more like a Papago spot for the overpriced gadget from Carryboy. If Papago, then get it from CD-R King and save a load of money.
                  Hi there again, for information only: CDR King does not have dual core processor and it is actually version X5, does not have an upgraded GPS receiver, and does not have 800x480 screen resolution (only 480x240 if am not mistaken)...Papago X8 R6300 features dual core processor, SiGE receiver, Sirf Atlas V dual core processor , licensed windows CE, and great battery life. A top in its class in terms of portable GPS navigation. I tried Papago and Garmin with roadguide map, and surprisingly or maybe expectedly the behavior was the same. It was just that Papago has a more friendly interface and has a destination reference line. Maybe its just a matter of taste to choose Papago X8 software especially the "human-intuitive" interface, well what can I say, my taste is good! Again, kudos to roadguide for being chosen as the map source for the most modern GPS enabled gadgets today!! (looks great on Papago M8 iphone apps as well).

cheers! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by papagogo View Post

Does the GPS being sold at CD-R King is the same map as the Papago X8 ?

Comment

Originally posted by yagami_kira View Post
                      yes.

Comment

All Papago GPS maps have same content, but some versions are not compatible to each other. And to clarify this dual core thing, an excerpt from the CSR (SiRFV) datasheet:

Code:
                        COMPUTING CORE:
                        * 500 MHz ARM11 with 16KB D-cache and I-cache, 16KB D-TCM and I-TCM
                        * 250 MHz Enhanced DSP for GPS
                        In other words, all devices since SiRF IV are so called DUAL CORE, because they all have an integrated DSP for the GPS signal processing. And I am also wondering what is an upgraded GPS receiver, since they all run with the same processor. No more than a 'marketing gag'.

Comment

I see. So to make things clear, the Roadguide map of CDR-King and Papago have the same version of contributor's map and Roadguide.ph provides them the same map updates every 6 months?

Comment

I see. So to make things clear, the Roadguide map of CDR-King and Papago have the same version of contributor's map and Roadguide.ph provides them the same map updates every 6 months?
                            yes, up to a point. still, enhancements are made by papago to their map after we release it to them (3d buildings, etc). i believe this will be the difference in getting a cdr-king unit and app for the iphone. it's safe to assume that they also apply these enhancements to the X8 (i'm not 100% sure though).
                            Last edited by pokz; 12-11-2011, 09:23.

Comment

Can you PM me the information that contains in the following link:

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=3032

I think it shows info about Papago and JKlinc but I can't open it as I need to be contributor. Thanks.

Comment

Can you PM me the information that contains in the following link:

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=3032

I think it shows info about Papago and JKlinc but I can't open it as I need to be contributor. Thanks.
                                won't do that. some things that were posted here were intentionally restricted for contributors viewing only. i don't see anything that might be of interest to you in that post, unless of course you decide to become a contributor which you have explicitly stated that you don't plan to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X