CDRKing GPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cgcom View Post
    Thanks for the reply sir, looks like I'm going for Nuvi.

I just checked cdrking's gps and it was too miniscule. It was 3.5' and they wouldn't let you test the unit. So I don't even know the build & interface.

Anyway I read of issues on 1350 models being locked? So would 205w is a sure compatible of the loaded maps here?

Thanks again! :-)
    I am also looking for a GPS unit at reasonable price. The 1350 has a 4.3" screen which seems to me not that much bigger than the 3.5" of the CDR-King unit which you describe as "miniscule". Is there really such a big difference in the displays?

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
      260w- old model, might not have the 1 sec. Track recording.
      255w - no bluetooth capability
      265w - same as 255 but with bluetooth capability
      Hi Sir HBT,

My receiver is a 260W and it's 1 sec track recording capable.
      Garmin 260W

Comment

Originally posted by anthony.pinoy View Post
        Hi Sir HBT,

My receiver is a 260W and it's 1 sec track recording capable.

good to hear that coz not all 260 are capable. firmware upgraded by garmin maybe when you bought it. we'll never know
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

cdrking now have a larger model costing P6800

Comment

i need help...

I AM A NEWBIE HERE... please help me.. i am confused. I want to buy a GPS Navigation System for my car..

I have been seeing this CD-R King GPS Unit that is tagged at 4.8-6.8k but searching over the Net, i saw an Authorized dealer of Garmin GPS Units with (as they say) good after sales service. (http://bit.ly/ihz9em)

My personal preference are just: turn-by-turn directions with voice prompts - streets, re-route, fuel-efficient route, POI's, my location. That can also be used on-foot. Must be accurate map and directions, large enough screen like 4.3 (CD-R King has 5.0" that's why i want a large screen)..

And if possible, can anyone give me an idea on the prices of Garmin GPS units. like 1200, 1300, 1350 or 1400..

Million thanks in advance..

Comment

If you are computer savvy enough to install a few programs, and you are interested in cartography or at least saving waypoints that are not yet in the map to contribute to Roadguide, then in my opinion the best choise is to buy a Garmin unit (Nuvi) any of the models that you mentioned, get the free map on RG first and then start contributing. Once you are a contributor you will have arguably the best map in the country!

If you think you don't have the time or know how to contribute, but want a Garmin system, I know that there are some commercial Garmin maps available for sale, every update will probably mean you'll have to pay for it.

Garmin 1350 goes for approx. 10,000 to 13000 if I remember correctly, cheaper to buy in the US.

If the CDRking unit is using Papago software, then that has a very good map that will rival most other local maps, the problem is again if you update you have to probably pay, don't even know how easy it is to update, I'm sure the CDRking "angels" will not have a clue how to do it if you ask them.

HTH

TTFN
              Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by tagacreekside View Post
                I AM A NEWBIE HERE... please help me.. i am confused. I want to buy a GPS Navigation System for my car..

I have been seeing this CD-R King GPS Unit that is tagged at 4.8-6.8k but searching over the Net, i saw an Authorized dealer of Garmin GPS Units with (as they say) good after sales service. (http://bit.ly/ihz9em)

My personal preference are just: turn-by-turn directions with voice prompts - streets, re-route, fuel-efficient route, POI's, my location. That can also be used on-foot. Must be accurate map and directions, large enough screen like 4.3 (CD-R King has 5.0" that's why i want a large screen)..

And if possible, can anyone give me an idea on the prices of Garmin GPS units. like 1200, 1300, 1350 or 1400..

I suggest garmin nuvi 255 but you can save money if you get it abroad. Then install our basic free map, contribute then get the latest contributors map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

get a garmin unit. you wont be disappointed

Comment

Originally posted by kicks4us23 View Post
                    get a garmin unit. you wont be disappointed

still.... depend on which model
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Yf gps

Originally posted by tagacreekside View Post

YF GPS is the best choice if you want a reliable but cheap car gps. You can buy it at less than 5K. IT has a Garmin Mobile XT and is compatible with RG map.
                      d1754
                      "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
                      those who accept it avoid the snares of death
                      . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

If the CDRKing GPS and another respectable looking one I just saw at Cyberzone costs 6.5k more or less, try sulit. I got my nuvi 295w for a little more than 7k. I use it for my car, my motorcycle, bicycle and walking. I believe the 1350 is available for 7,300 more or less. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by santisima View Post
                          If the CDRKing GPS and another respectable looking one I just saw at Cyberzone costs 6.5k more or less, try sulit. I got my nuvi 295w for a little more than 7k. I use it for my car, my motorcycle, bicycle and walking. I believe the 1350 is available for 7,300 more or less. . . .
                          Uy sir Santi... do you use the same 1350 unit in your mc,
                          then also transfer it to bicycle, and as a handheld unit on
                          foot... care to share sir how long could the battery hold
                          given its fully charged and you're using it on an mtb or
                          just walking...haaaays, i also have an mc and would be very
                          interested to know how to use a single GPS unit for all of my
                          trips for the mtb, mc, car, and on foot... how did you put a
                          power cord for the mc to power up that gps sir?...please
                          Last edited by mblue; 05-12-2011, 18:05.

Comment

Had a chance to see and checked this CDRKing Gps in their Q.Plaza branch. Available units are the 5in. with P6K SRP. Upon checking the unit, this seems to be a user friendly and the map was also good enough if you happens to see this kit first before our Garmin. Wide screen, slim body, good screen sensitivity, clear voice, nice graphics but still a copycat of our Garmin. I was also advised by the sales clerk that the only issue is the weak battery. Nonetheless, updated map is already available in their website. Bottomline, its a bit better that the other china made available in the market. My question is that, Is this CDR GPS share the same sattellite that Garmin is using? or its free for all...
                            Last edited by Loop; 06-13-2011, 16:17.
                            If there's a WHEEL, there's a WAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Loop View Post
                              My question is that, Is this CDR GPS share the same sattellite that Garmin is using? or its free all...
                              afaik, *all* GPSr's share the same GPS sats.
                              got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Originally posted by legtu View Post
                                afaik, *all* GPSr's share the same GPS sats.
                                +1 I agree

Comment

Working...
                                X