No announcement yet.

CDRKing GPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked at the CD-R King gps today. It's the 5" model sold for P6000+. It looks good. The navigation mode map looks clean. If I didn't already have a gps I might have bought this. It's Windows CE so good mods are possible.

Short battery life is expected for this class. Mine has a 3.7v 850mah li-ion battery. It runs for one hour. It's long enough for programming indoors. In the car, it doesn't matter since the lighter dc-dc adaptor provides power. But these things can accommodate a bigger battery. Given that mine consumes 850mah in an hour, even a 2000mah battery wouldn't really provide power for long trips.

Comment

Originally posted by legtu View Post
      afaik, *all* GPSr's share the same GPS sats.
      Yes, they share the same GPS satellites, owned by the US military.

Comment

That is why China is developing their own system. What's stopping the US from messing with their satellites to redirect the Chinese missiles back to China LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Mac View Post
          Short battery life is expected for this class. Mine has a 3.7v 850mah li-ion battery. It runs for one hour.
          One hour is quite short, my small Nuvi runs at least 3hrs, but u're right, for programming indoors just enough.

Comment

Hi, i want to be a contributor. I bought GPS navigation device with IGO software. I think it's not compatible with RG map. How can I replace IGO software with Garmin or Papago? Or do I need to buy new navigation device?
            Thanks.

Comment

If your GPS has WINDOWS CE OS, you can load Garmin Mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisvera View Post
                Hi, i want to be a contributor. I bought GPS navigation device with IGO software. I think it's not compatible with RG map. How can I replace IGO software with Garmin or Papago? Or do I need to buy new navigation device?
                Thanks.
                Is this your unit -> Onda VP60 4.3-inch Car GPS Navigation - 2GB?

Comment

Originally posted by warfab View Post
                  Yes, that's my unit. I just bought it from China.

Comment

Yes, that's my unit. I just bought it from China.
                    Just follow gtv's advice

Comment

Originally posted by warfab View Post
                      Just follow gtv's advice
                      Thanks for the advice. Is there a way to convert to IGO the map that can be downloaded here in RG?

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Is there a way to convert to IGO the map that can be downloaded here in RG?
                        AFAIK, it's not possible. You have to use Garmin Mobile XT

Comment

Thanks again warfab.

Comment

Navitel for WinCE

Some have successfully got Garmin Mobile XT version for Windows Mobile OS working on WINCE, by doing some modifications to some .dll files etc.

So if it possible for Mobile XT, then it should be possible to run the Navitel for Windows Mobile, in the same modification manner, as an alternative, since RoadGuide.ph now released a Navitel Version.

http://www.nepalgpsmap.com/de/downloads/navitel/

Downloads für Smartphones/PDAs

Map Software

Our maps for Smartphones/PDAs are published for the well known software Navitel Navigator. Navitel Navigator is truly multi-platform turn-by-turn navigation, running on Android, Symbian, Windows Mobile, iPhone, iPad and Bada platforms.

Navitel Navigator can be tested for free for an unlimited period of time (iPhone: 30 days trial). The trial version is fully functional, except that it only accepts maps not greater than 100 kb. We offer maps for testing here which run with the trial version of Navitel Navigator (see below).

Windows Mobile®

The Windows Version is available in two versions: one for installing the software directly from your Windows Mobile device (CAB) and one for installing the software with ActiveSync (recommended). Please refer to the user manual how to install the software onto your device.

System Requirements

* Windows Mobile OS: 5.0, 6, 6.1, 6.5
                            * Interface: Touchscreen
                            * Resolutions: 240×240, 320×240 (QVGA), 400×240 (WQVGA), 480×320 (HVGA),640×480 (VGA), 800×480 (WVGA)
                            * RAM: 25 Mb
                            * Free disk space: 20 Mb.

Download Navitel Navigator® Version 5 for Windows Mobile®

* Navitel Navigator® for WM, install from PDA (Version 5.0.0.778), CAB, 20.7 МB
                            * Navitel Navigator® for WM, install from ActiveSync (Version 5.0.0.778), EXE, 15.1 МB
                            * Navitel Navigator® Manual for Version 5, PDF, 8.8 МB

http://www.navitel.by/en/about/news/2011/521/

New Navitel 5.0.1.26 for Windows Mobile: 30-day FREE, New POI service and much more!

22 July 2011
                            Navitel Navigator 5.0.1.26 comes for our Windows Mobile users. Some new interactive fuctions included to the software, that makes navigation with Navitel much more comfortable and informative.

What’s new in Navitel 5.0.1.26:

* NEW TRIAL MODE, which allows to test Navitel Navigator before purchase for 30 days with no functional or map limitations.
                            * Dynamic POI is a new service, which allows to learn additional actual information about different POI. All the users can get the actual information about gas prices at the petrol stations, showtimes at cinemas and much more. To use the service the device must be connected to the internet. At the moment, all the users can get actual information about:
                            o Cinemas: KaroFilm, 5 zvezd, Formula Kino
                            o Gas stations: Lukoil
                            * New POI Filter allows to set POI displaying with maximum comfort and flexibility. It is easy to set different types of POI, groups of POI and their scale display!
                            * New “Nearest places” search was updated like a POI filter. Now it is much more easy to search different types of POI.
                            * Automatical update. After this moment, your version of Navitel Navigator will always be actual! When the new update is released, you will get a message in your running Navitel Navigator and download an update either in a wink or from you PC at home.
                            * Autorouting is improved, including autorouting while using Navitel.Traffic service.
                            * Performance is improved for 50%.
                            * Other improvement and bugfixes, including problems that were told us at the official forum.
                            * Gas stations: Lukoil

At release time, Dynamic POI service displays interactive information for “Cinemas” and “Gas stations” groups. In the near future number of groups with dynamically updated POI and list of cities and towns, where the service works, will be expanded. Stay tuned.

Note, that for correct POI filter functioning, the POI filter settings must be reset after update.

Also note, that if you use 30-day trial mode, your device must be connected to the internet during the start of the software to actualize at the Navitel Navigator server (1-2kb of traffic).

You can download Navitel Navigator 5.0.1.26 from Downloads of from your Private area at navitel.su

Comment

I do not understand a few things about CDR king GPS and Papago X8 using "old contributor's map". If they are using old contributor's map of RoadGuide, why do they advertise "Latest 2011 Philippine map and twice a year update"?

Does it mean that even if there is an important road update (e.g. new/changed U-turn slots in major highways like C5, and some new/changed one-way streets), I won't be able to see the new routing because they will still be using yesteryear's old contributor's map?

Comment

Originally posted by yagami_kira View Post
                                I do not understand a few things about CDR king GPS and Papago X8 using "old contributor's map". If they are using old contributor's map of RoadGuide, why do they advertise "Latest 2011 Philippine map and twice a year update"?

Does it mean that even if there is an important road update (e.g. new/changed U-turn slots in major highways like C5, and some new/changed one-way streets), I won't be able to see the new routing because they will still be using yesteryear's old contributor's map?
                                it's a marketing thing. how can you sell your product if you tell buyers that your map version is old? but they probably are comparing the map to other commercial maps available in the market, which may be not a lie at all. and it's true that they are entitled to twice a year update.

what i can assure you is that only the contributors version is the latest RG map version there is anytime of the year. and we try to have monthly updates for contributors, for free.
                                Last edited by pokz; 11-15-2011, 19:24.

Comment

Working...
                                X