• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe this would shed some light:
    http://www.cdrking.com/?mod=products...d=7846&main=32

Comment

Originally posted by johnny2467 View Post
      I am using one right now, a friend of my brother has two units with the old standard map (ver 5.08) from RG installed. I installed the new standard map ver 1.07 basic,and has been using it for a week now. Even used it side by side with my HTC 3G with map ver 1.15 and I can say that the routing,voice guidance and alerts(u turn) are almost simultaneous with a little difference in guidance as I have installed "better guidance ver 1.15 on my phone. and yes it has GMXT already installed on both units when he bought it.
      He lets us use it for a while in exchange for me installing his PND's a better map,
      I saw the unit at CD-R King Harrison Plaza and kinda wondering about all sort of things including if it has a workable map to begin with. Thank you for your post, it is very helpful. Clearly the sales ladies at store don't know a think about the product.

Comment

welcome to RG chinaman_ph

Actually the owner of the GPS units told me GMXT is already installed when he got it. not sure where he got it and how.coz as posted in CDR KIng website, the original, licensed software is Papago. Anyway it is not allowed to post any use of unlicensed software here so i didnt bother to ask him how he got it as I cant discuss it here anyway. All i can confirm is it can use our free map. hope that helps

Comment

Waitaminute!

Maybe Papago has a windows CE compatible program! Heck they were able to make an apps for Iphone so that should not be a surprise!

Which means it would be easy for them to switch from Garmin Mobile XT for whatever reason they have... to Papago!

Yeah if the sales ladies only knew how to use them, they probably will be able to sell more of them

Maybe!

TTFN
          Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
            Waitaminute!

Maybe Papago has a windows CE compatible program! Heck they were able to make an apps for Iphone so that should not be a surprise!

Which means it would be easy for them to switch from Garmin Mobile XT for whatever reason they have... to Papago!

Yeah if the sales ladies only knew how to use them, they probably will be able to sell more of them

Maybe!

TTFN
            Arvin
            I had a trial version Papago7 installed on my HTC Touch 3G WinMo 6.1
            before I had to make a hard reset (it's gone now),so to confirm your querry, yes papago works with win ce in fact it is already written in the cdrking website that the gps unit they are selling is windows ce licensed.
            Papago7 is almost identical to MapKing which I used to have (licensed) on my Mio 168 GPS, before it was stolen in my car.

Comment

On my way home from Manila today, I stopped by at SM Clark to check out the CDR King GPS and to my complete surprise, the unit I mentioned before is completely different from the actual unit they are selling. For comparison, the cdr king gps is smaller and thinner and more solidly built. Now I think (I'm sure) my brothers friend was duped in buying just a cloned GPS,ha ha.

Comment

I'm planning to get Nuvi 1350 or 205w from the States, price there is only $100 +tax+shipping cost= roughly 6-7k. Plus Garmin doesn't have maps installed.

Do you think this gps from cdrking is a good deal? considering it has preloaded maps already... Is Papago a good developer?

Comment

Originally posted by cgcom View Post
                  I'm planning to get Nuvi 1350 or 205w from the States, price there is only $100 +tax+shipping cost= roughly 6-7k. Plus Garmin doesn't have maps installed.

Do you think this gps from cdrking is a good deal? considering it has preloaded maps already... Is Papago a good developer?
                  you can be a contributor here and get the most up to date map on Garmin.

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                  The link was in the contributor's section so JMs can't access.

Short reply is yes JKLinc to Maction.

In keeping with the RG policy, RG will (if there is a demand) post Papago compatible contributor maps. However as I understand it, you will lose the 3D buildings, because those were added by Maction themselves.

So if the reason for your inquiry is if RG members bought the Papago GPS from CDRking, and you are a contributor, you probably (surely) be able to get updated contributor's map from RG, sans features added by Maction.

So it's your choice between a more up to date map or an older one with the bells and whistles.

TTFN
                  Arvin
                  Last edited by Borgie; 11-05-2010, 10:35. Reason: for proper acknowledgement of quoted post

Comment

my advice is... get the nuvi, ask additional items like leather case etc. etc.

load it with the map here for FREE
                    contribute data like waypoints, tracks, polygon and get the more advance CONTRIBUTOR MAP for FREE

if you have any problems or question, i'll even volunteer to help you become a contributor

never mind those side remarks

good day and God Bless
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Thanks for the reply sir, looks like I'm going for Nuvi.

I just checked cdrking's gps and it was too miniscule. It was 3.5' and they wouldn't let you test the unit. So I don't even know the build & interface.

Anyway I read of issues on 1350 models being locked? So would 205w is a sure compatible of the loaded maps here?

Thanks again! :-)

Comment

hi cgcom,

just buy whatever nuvi you wanna buy... i think its compatible with our map. and Yes hbt can help you to be a contributor like us.

hope you can share your contributions in the near future.
                        *** Ohhh it's the one and only SioKoy!!! ***

Comment

Thanks for the reply sir, looks like I'm going for Nuvi.

I just checked cdrking's gps and it was too miniscule. It was 3.5' and they wouldn't let you test the unit. So I don't even know the build & interface.

Anyway I read of issues on 1350 models being locked? So would 205w is a sure compatible of the loaded maps here?

Thanks again! :-)

IMO, better get a nuvi model that has TTS... one that can speak street names, like the 255w.

Comment

I agree about Liv's suggestion about TTS, I love the way how "karen" mispronounces the street names.

Nuvi 1350 being locked? Mine at least wasn't! Is this a new problem?

TTFN
                            Arvin

Comment

Yup I think theres a problem on new units of 1300 series being locked. I read it from the other thread. Might get the 260w as what sir hbt suggested

Comment

260w- old model, might not have the 1 sec. Track recording.
                                255w - no bluetooth capability
                                265w - same as 255 but with bluetooth capability
                                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
                                X